B2B using 2 different travel agents

sandancer

Does anyone have experience of booking B2B and using a different TA for the second leg. To complicate matters further. First leg with US TA and second leg with UK TA. I understand of course that there would be no $100 discount but would there be any other drawbacks? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have experience of booking B2B and using a different TA for the second leg. To complicate matters further. First leg with US TA and second leg with UK TA. I understand of course that there would be no $100 discount but would there be any other drawbacks? Thanks

Not sure if it's different outside the US but my understanding when we did this and received the $100. discount for a b2b was that it is a Celebrity driven incentive and not related to the TA. We didn't use different TA's but As long as one of the TA's ensures the two or more consecutive cruises are linked at Celebrity then would think you get the $100 discount.

I don't know the answer to the question posed, but am curious. Am I interpreting that Celebrity offers a discount on back to back cruises? Thank you for clarifying!

Yes they do, but you have to pursue it through your TA since they do not volunteer the info.

Good luck!

I've booked a cruise and later added another, with two separate booking numbers. There were no resulting complications or issues. In my case, it was with the same TA, but I foresee no problems arising from using different ones, even if in different countries.

Thanks for that. I'm not so much concerned about the $100 as I am about the formalities involved with taking 2 separate cruises rather than B2B.

Back to Backs are two separate cruises.

Back to Backs are two separate cruises.

They certainly are from Celebrity's point of view, with no carry over of unused OBC or internet minutes as I understand it. If you have the same cabin for both legs and a single booking, however, the transition from the first to the second is seamless and can be treated as a single cruise.

We have done several B2B but always with the same agent for both. We once did B4B and agree that each of those cruises were a single cruise but actually felt like a 6 week cruise other than having our Elite plus perks renewed and the account paid each time. However one TA handled all 4 cruises. I have a cruise booked and want to add on the next sailing but would prefer to not use the same TA for the additional cruise. My original question was asking if anyone else had done this.

I just got off a back to back where each leg was booked through a different agency. As far as I could tell it was handled just like any other back to back.

I've done this before as well ... my first and only B2B. The travel agencies each had their own better pricing on the cruises I booked. It went off without a hitch .. although both were US agencies that were used. Hopefully, they can find you the same room ... we had to move, which wasn't a huge hassle but it would have been nicer to stay in the same room.

Hi there

We have done exactly what you are doing, one leg through our US TA, another through Celebrity Australia. It was not possible to link the 2 cruises, as Australia uses completely different booking numbers.

Absolutely no problems on board though, and we were treated exactly the same as all other BTB passengers. Not sure if Guest Services on board are even aware of how and where our bookings were made.

Hilary