Inside stateroom sleeps 4

ryoung

Does anyone have a picture of a Carnival inside stateroom that sleeps 4. We are sailing on the Conquet in cabin 1414 on riviera. I have heard that the 3rd and 4th bed come out on the ceiling!??? We will have our 17 and 14 year old kids with us and am hoping we will not feel like sardines!

Thanks

From what I understand, Carnival's staterooms are one of the biggest in the industry. With that being said, we just stayed in an inside stateroom (sorry I don't have a picture available right now~ they are still in my camera) and most likely you and your husband will have to push your 2 singles together in the middle of the room, while each "bunk bed" comes out of the ceiling on each side of the room. The room steward will put the back in the ceiling in the morning and bring them down each evening so you will not feel like "sardines" during the day! I wouldn't worry about it, you don't spend much time in your room anyways:)

ryoung, we just sailed our very first cruise and left our happy Carnival Legend 2 days ago. I saw your question and thought I would help you out. We had an inside stateroom, my mom had an outside balcony and my brother had the room you are asking about. I don't have a picture for you but let me describe it for you. If you open the door you would be looking straight at the length of the bed (you would be at the foot of the bed). There are 2 bunks that come out of the ceiling (the same direction as the bed). One against the left wall and one against the right wall. So, there is about a 3-4 feet space between the two bunks leaving it kind of open for the people on the bottom. On one of the nights my brother and his wife had their 2 girls (5&8) plus 2 of our children (8&10) all sleeping in that room. They also have a ladder that goes to each bunk so they don't have to step on the bed when getting in or out of bed.

We glanced into an inside room or too and they looked small but not bad at all. I thought the upper bunks looked kinda cool coming out of the wall:p I had the sofa bed which was so comfortable

I don't think you'll feel like sardines...expect when it comes to the bathroom:eek:

I think Disney has about the largest standard rooms. That being said I was just on Disney a few weeks ago with my wife and 2 girls...9 and 12. We were in a standard oceanview room (same size as ther interior) ....I believe it's like 214sq'. Same set up like you speak....2 beds joined together a couch and a pullman. It was only a 3 night cruise but it was tight and I couldn't of seen doing it in anything much smaller. Since I got the cruise on a Fl discount for almost half the regular price I wasn't about to complain at all. For a short haul it can work but I told my wife I wouldn't want to be doing it on a 7 nighter.

They didn't put their beds back in the ceiling at all during the week. I'm sure they could but it is really pointless because like stated your hardly in your room anyway. I wouldn't have been in there at all except my body kept telling me to sleep to prepare for the next day.

ryoung--

I also answered your question in great detail on the Conquest only thread. I couldn't imagine putting the two bottom beds together. :confused: IMO that would take up valuable floor space to walk around. I even gave you a few pointers on how to make it seem like an ocean view room. Trust me you guys will be fine and you will have a wonderful cruise. :D You might want to try a search on www.webshots.com for inside cabins on the conquest, you might get a few pictures that will give you some idea.

ryoung--

I also answered your question in great detail on the Conquest only thread. I couldn't imagine putting the two bottom beds together. :confused: IMO that would take up valuable floor space to walk around. I even gave you a few pointers on how to make it seem like an ocean view room. Trust me you guys will be fine and you will have a wonderful cruise. :D You might want to try a search on www.webshots.com for inside cabins on the conquest, you might get a few pictures that will give you some idea.

Sports Mama~You would rather give up sleeping next to the man you married for some "'valuable floor space"...sounds a little shallow to me... I am sticking to my original suggestion...

Sports Mama~You would rather give up sleeping next to the man you married for some "'valuable floor space"...sounds a little shallow to me... I am sticking to my original suggestion...

Carrie--

If I offend you with my opinion I am very sorry, I didn't mean too.:( I believe that this forum is for everyone to state their opinion and to help their fellow cruisers out. I have not been in an inside cabin on Carnival, but I have on RCCL. Maybe things are set up a little different than I thought. I was just trying to help. Please do not call me shallow. I love my DH very deeply and we have been married for almost 20 years. Trust me we did not suffer from doing this!!:D Hopefully, I just took your post wrong and if I did I am truely sorry.

Sports Mama~ It's all good...no hard feelings. Congrats on the 20 years! Yesterday was my 8 year anniversary:)

I do have question...When you said that you answered the OP's original question "in detail on the Conquest only thread." Where is that??? Not your thread necessarily, but the individual ship threads. Am I making any sense:eek:

Thanks

I was in room 6265 on the Freedom, and that had "2 uppers"

I found a picture of "2 uppers" by searching on Cruise critic to see what they look like. The room looks exactly like an interior room, and the pullman beds were left in the ceiling the whole time, and the beds at the bottom were together to make a king bed.

Thanks to all who replied. This is the first time i have used this site and I am amazed at the number of people who view each post! You get answers faster using CC than you do calling the cruise line directly!

I would rather have more floor space. its only a week. And its not being shallow-- its keeping sanity really.

Putting the beds together mean the kids on top must step down on you to get out of bed.

A family of 4 in the cabin is quite doable-- but it can get cramped. Especially if you dont keep it organized.

We used an over the door shoe holder to hold all our "outside" stuff.

sunscreen, sunglasses, sign and sail cards. etc instead of putting stuff on the vanity which is small to begin with.

382362835XfRXKg_th.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of a Carnival inside stateroom that sleeps 4. We are sailing on the Conquet in cabin 1414 on riviera. I have heard that the 3rd and 4th bed come out on the ceiling!??? We will have our 17 and 14 year old kids with us and am hoping we will not feel like sardines!

Thanks

Depends on the ship. Until now, I have always booked an inside for 4 -- we have "grown" too much now for that :o. In each case, there were 2 bunks: sometimes they "dropped" down out of the ceiling, other times they folded out from the wall.

The rooms are big enough for 2 adults, 2 small children, but we are starting to step on toes so moving to 2 rooms this trip.

I would most certainly prefer a room for 4 to not going, but did you check into booking 2 separate rooms? For us, it was actually cheaper to get an inside and outside than one big inside.

Thanks

ryoung- Our dds were about the same age when we took our 1st cruise 2 years ago and we had OV cabin for 4. I don't think there is much difference in space. The twins beds were already pushed together when we arrived. We also had the bed that comes out of the wall and then another twin under that one. We were crowded but we never felt like sardines. First of all we were very rarely all in the cabin at the same time. My oldest dd would go get dressed for dinner about an hour earlier than the rest of us and then my youngest would run in at the last minute to get dressed! My dh only takes a few minutes and then he would go walk around the ship while we got ready. We had no problems, the most important thing for me was to stay organized so the room did not look cluttered :) Don't worry, if you realize on this cruise you are too crowded you can book 2 cabins for the next one ;) Have fun~!

1126787609_Cruise027.jpg.f626690168f5110b81f34335996e09cc.jpg

Sports Mama~ It's all good...no hard feelings. Congrats on the 20 years! Yesterday was my 8 year anniversary:)

I do have question...When you said that you answered the OP's original question "in detail on the Conquest only thread." Where is that??? Not your thread necessarily, but the individual ship threads. Am I making any sense:eek:

Thanks

Congratulations on your anniversary. I believe it is titled "Post Conquestion questions here" (something like that). The thread is about 47 pages long. Yeesh, I did a lot of reading one night. My eyes went blurry:eek: !! Now I finally caught up. Now there are some ships that have these threads, but not most them. Somebody started the Conquest one several months ago. It is in this forum. I hope I'm making sense now!!:D

Archived