Dress code for men pride of America

travelmama06

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the PoA a couple of weeks ago. The dress code on the ship is very casual - at least compared to other cruises we have done with Celebrity. It is in keeping with the weather and location and IMHO didn't detract from the cruise at all.

Shorts and flip-flops seemed acceptable everywhere. with one notable exception: in the Liberty dining room they turned away men not wearing closed toed shoes or shirts with a collar. But flip-flops were fine in the Skyline dining room downstairs (which has virtually the same menu).

I'm on the POA right now.

Liberty and Jefferson are no shorts, no jeans. Ties and jackets are not required though.

Everywhere else, shorts are fine although they do ask you wear dress shorts in the other specialty restaurants.

I'm on the POA right now.

Liberty and Jefferson are no shorts, no jeans. Ties and jackets are not required though.

Everywhere else, shorts are fine although they do ask you wear dress shorts in the other specialty restaurants.

Maybe you did not see any jeans, but I'd be surprised if they are turning people away in them as the dress code specifically allows them. The fleet wide dress code on all NCL ships states that long pants and collared shirts and closed toe shoes for men are required in the larger more formal MDR and Jefferson's Bistro. Long pants are described in the code as any type of pant, including nice jeans. Shorts and sandals are allowed in all other dining venues, but in my experience, kakhis or jeans are more frequently seen in dining venues other than the buffet.