FTTF on Ecstasy

Charlie1422

• 3 months later...

Someone posted in another thread that FTTF also helps with the line driving into the port? Is that true and are there designated lines for vehicles? Wondering....since it will be our first sailing out of Charleston and I've heard that it is chaotic getting into the port and parking.

Thanks for any first hand information!

We were in a priority line while going through the various parking tents. Parking is easy once you get past the ID checks, payment, etc....

Thanks for the info.

So do they check ID before entering the parking line?? And is it easy to distinguish where the Priority Line begins? These are probably silly questions, but I'm unfamiliar with the Charleston port and having a hard time visualizing how FTTF would work with entering and parking at the port.

Once you see it, it will make sense. The first line I think you show boarding passes. That's where they "sort" you. Then the second tent they check ID's. The third tent you pay or show proof of paying then your directed to the parking garage.

I got there at 1100. The garage opens at 1130. We were on board by 1200 with FTTF. Not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once you see it, it will make sense. The first line I think you show boarding passes. That's where they "sort" you. Then the second tent they check ID's. The third tent you pay or show proof of paying then your directed to the parking garage.

I got there at 1100. The garage opens at 1130. We were on board by 1200 with FTTF. Not bad at all.

Thanks so much! This is our first time to use FTTF. Since we have young children in our group this time, we decided to get it in order to have the rooms available at boarding. Sounds like it will definitely be worth it in Charleston :)

We really liked it. The only downside for us was the delivery of our luggage. It's supposed to be priority but came later. Our sailing was packed because of spring break. But it was great to get on quick and enjoy the amenities. You can also get off quicker too. Enjoy your cruise :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide an estimation of the time saved to board the ship by purchasing FTTF? We are scheduled for a 12:00 check-in, and plan to arrive and park at the port shortly before 11:30 (the published parking lot opening time). Is there much time savings in purchasing the FTTF if we are already signed up for the easiest check-in time? Would there be any benefit (FTTF or not) in arriving at the port at 11:00?

Thanks in advanced!

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone provide an estimation of the time saved to board the ship by purchasing FTTF? We are scheduled for a 12:00 check-in, and plan to arrive and park at the port shortly before 11:30 (the published parking lot opening time). Is there much time savings in purchasing the FTTF if we are already signed up for the easiest check-in time? Would there be any benefit (FTTF or not) in arriving at the port at 11:00?

Thanks in advanced!

Was hoping someone could help answer my question...

Was hoping someone could help answer my question...

I am hoping so too because we are in exactly the same situation for our cruise next month - we have FTTF in Charleston and our documents say 12:00 check in, but we want to be out of our hotel and on the ship earlier than that if we can (but not standing around waiting endlessly with 3 kids either.......).

This staggered boarding/FFTF is new to me- question: If my "assigned time" to check in is at say 1:00 pm, but I show up at the terminal at 10:00 am, will they still let me go inside and check in/wait? I know on my last cruise (different cruise line from Port Everglades) they "suggested" a time to be there but didn't enforce the assigned time and let me check in and such.

This staggered boarding/FFTF is new to me- question: If my "assigned time" to check in is at say 1:00 pm, but I show up at the terminal at 10:00 am, will they still let me go inside and check in/wait? I know on my last cruise (different cruise line from Port Everglades) they "suggested" a time to be there but didn't enforce the assigned time and let me check in and such.

I should add that my upcoming cruise is a 3 day with only one non-tendered port. Is it worth it?

Thanks