2017 Grandeur Refurbishment

niceneasy

It was mentioned on a recent trip that new, higher, beds are coming. It will be nice to be able to fit all the suitcases under the bed.:D

They were replaced while I was on in January (the week the lifeboat fell off).

Just a side note, traveling to the NV today and almost in Miami we passed a lifeboat from Grandeur south bound on a wide load trailer???

A couple of weeks a lifeboat fell off while docked in Charleston ... I just got off her today and I can confirm that the lifeboat at muster station 5 is missing ... :eek:

Thanks for that information as I was curious about why it was on a trailer SB on I95.

• 4 weeks later...
If you check out Grandeur of the Seas on Instagram, it looks like part of the dry dock is including an update to the pool area!

Wasn't much extra planned. Think they just replacing walking surface. I remember at one time all the upper decks had that putting green material, was hot to walk on! Now they use cooler wood or fake wood laminate...

Agree. Sailed on this ship since it's 1st yr. Told not many changes as was done last Dry Dock. This is just routine marine side.
You received bad info, it's more extensive than "just routine marine side"....K.O.

Please pass along any information! Looking forward to seeing Grandeur... soon!!!
New Carpet various parts of the ship. new pool decking, jogging track boo boo (crack) being repaired, new canvas over hot tubs in pool deck area, some staterooms with new mattresses, painting of the ship, some new furniture, etc. etc. plus mechanicals....

It's been reported multiple times that it's cosmetic and below the water line maintenance. We were on April 8-17 and that's also what we were told.

Cosmetic means furniture reupholstery as needed also (theater included). We were on March 18th 2014 cruise when the second (starboard side) boo boo happened. The port side happened the cruise before ours. We've been on a couple of times since and are glad it's finally being permanently fixed.

It's still mostly routine maintenance. No major things being done (new builds such as restaurants).

New Carpet various parts of the ship. new pool decking, jogging track boo boo (crack) being repaired, new canvas over hot tubs in pool deck area, some staterooms with new mattresses, painting of the ship, some new furniture, etc. etc. plus mechanicals....

Thanks Thetrail for the info! Sounds like Grandeur is getting a nice makeover... just in time for our cruise next week!

Edited by Wildcatfish

Thanks Thetrail for the info! Sounds link Grandeur is getting a nice makeover... just in time for our cruise next week!

Good info, but it's not new.

The canvas on deck 10 that's over the skylight areas is probably also being replaced as it was torn a couple of years ago during a storm.