Medical Emergency on Carnival Ecstasy on Saturday April 8th 2017 (while in port).

NJsharon

if this is true then it would be a miracle to find out that detail on this board that quickly.

if your just saying this in hopes that just by saying it , it will help, its probably the cruelest thing I read on this board ever and that is really saying something.

I really dont know what to make of this.

I can pray this is true.

I honestly highly doubted it (from everything I had heard & seen). But I do pray this poster is telling the truth indeed & not just trying to appease me.

This is very true. We did not know my 25 yo daughter had clots until the night she died. She was my only child and died in 2013 of a pulmonary embolism, a clot that went to her lungs. Apparently, they came from a severe car accident a couple months prior where she injured her legs. Wish there was a way to determine this earlier, but she had no symptoms.

I am so very sorry, how awful and very sad. Especially as you said, there was no way to determine it & probably even no symptoms. My thoughts are with you as even to this day it must be extremely painful for you. God bless you.

Cruisegirl6, that is so nice that you help your father-in-law in that way, to try to live his live more to the fullest.

I used to be so full of life. Mine was brought on by a very traumatic event in September 2016. Prior to that I was one of the most social people you would have met. Would make a conversation with anyone.

It is strange to be in this position now & tough for me to cope with it, knowing what I used to be like. It makes me hate it more as I want to be like my old self. This isn't me.

My husband is very supportive thankfully, so helps me out however he can & like I said I have learned a lot of coping skills (through DBT classes). So I am a lot better than I was, but some days are definitely better than others.

I bet your father-in-law is so very grateful to have your help, and even if he doesn't say it very often, he is grateful, I just know it. So thank you for helping him.

Considering the average cruise demographic, the activities people pursue while cruising, and some of the overindulging, it's fairly normal for at least one medical emergency to happen at some point during a ship's cruise. I've often seen ambulances at the dock, witnessed medivacs by helicoptor, and saw cruisers on excursions get into vehicle accidents or other emergency situations.

Some make it and some don't, just like in real life. A cruise ship is not inoculated from normal life. I understand that when we witness a medical emergency, we all have different reactions, just like we would if we saw a pedestrian get hit by a car in our favorite shopping mall parking lot. I say to myself "But for the grace of god go I". That's my coping mechanism. Others may feel insulated and some may feel threatened or scared.

If our reaction is the latter, it is a good thing to get additional professional help to process and hopefully resolve those negative emotions that came up. Knowing that the "victim" made it can help with putting the situation we witnessed behind us.