Carnival Sunshine Mini- Fridge

Lyn1Lyn

That list is outdated.

If you do a search on this board for Sunshine and fridge you will find that many cabins other than those on those floors have a fridge. We were on deck 6 and had one. Not built-in, clearly an afterthought, but it was there under the credenza-thingie.

That list is outdated.

If you do a search on this board for Sunshine and fridge you will find that many cabins other than those on those floors have a fridge. We were on deck 6 and had one. Not built-in, clearly an afterthought, but it was there under the credenza-thingie.

It may be outdated, but CCL will only (vaguely) guarantee fridges in those cabins.

There was not one in 9188 (Lido balcony) last fall. I requested one via the Special Needs department, not once but twice and got two different answers. The first one promised that they would have one installed (medicinal storage reasons) and the second one suggested we bring a cooler.

One never materialized and I'm not one to be a complainer on a cruise. We made do with our soft sided cooler that always goes with us.

When, I was on this ship in June I had no fridge in my Balcony room and when I mentioned it to the room steward the day I was leaving he said I should have requested one and they may have been able to get one for me. However, after booking to go again on this ship very soon I called customer service and they said if there was no fridge in my room to go to the Pursers Desk and ask for a cooler, apparently they have a cooler box (electric) which they can lend you but was also told they may ask for an amount of money to be put down as a bond until it is return. They also, suggested I contact Guess Solutions and see if they can do something about a fridge. I figured it is not worth all this hassle and plan on bringing a cooler bag, filling it with ice and keeping it out on the Balcony if it is cool out there.

Reading this thread for awhile now. There is a problem with some fridges not working on the Sunshine and a few other ships. If yours works your in luck. The ones that don't, I was told that there not replacing or repairing them.:eek:

Reading this thread for awhile now. There is a problem with some fridges not working on the Sunshine and a few other ships. If yours works your in luck. The ones that don't, I was told that there not replacing or repairing them.:eek:

Can you post a link to a thread on this problem with fridges? Have not seen anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone

The link is this thread, just now,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401611

So there is nothing about fridges not working properly, I can only assume that is what you meant by problems? Hmmm, I guess I misread your post.... you did mention problems with fridges on the Sunshine and other ships, correct, or did I misread?

This thread says nothing about problems with the minis.

And who told you personally that they would not fix them?

You do know you posted a link to THIS thread? Right?

How long did it take to read 18 posts?

This thread says nothing about problems with the minis.

And who told you personally that they would not fix them?

You do know you posted a link to THIS thread? Right?

How long did it take to read 18 posts?

Me thinks he knew just fine, maybe was for another reason....say it aint so Bo:cool:

That list is outdated.

Same for us -- cabins 6344 and 6371. This was last January and April.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Add dates

Is the reason some cabins on the Sunshine have no mini-fridge due to the age of the ship?

What about the Valor? Do you know if they have mini-fridges in the cabins?

I have never been on a ship without a mini-fridge in the cabin!

Most cabins on Sunshine don't because most on Destiny didn't. Same with Triumph and Victory. And Fantasy class.

Valor and other Conquest class ships have mini-fridges as does Spirit class, Dream Class, and Vista class.