Need help picking a ship - Breeze, Freedom, or Valor

cuppy

Looking to cruise the first week of December and need to pick a ship. I've done all the ports so it really is about the ship for me. For those who have done them which would you book and why?

Breeze - Freedom - Valor

I've been on the Valor, but not the Breeze or Freedom. The Valor is fine, typical Carnival cruise ship, but I really wasn't very impressed and probably won't pick her again. Seemed extremely crowded to me, even more so than other ships I've been on. Steakhouse was delish, however. :) But even though it has Guy's, deli and pizza, and Blue Iguana Cantina, I felt like there weren't enough food choices and the buffet was always chaotic. We ate in the MDR whenever possible just to avoid the buffet. Entertainment was pretty good. Classy Cassie was our CD at the time. I've since read that she's been moved to another ship or something. I don't mean to sound rude, but she was anything but "classy". :/ The Southern Caribbean itinerary we had was great, and who doesn't love a cruise just on principle, but the Valor left a lot to be desire, in my opinion. To each his/her own, I guess. Depends on what you're looking for.

Hey! Another Shaded Lady on this thread!

I had exactly the same decision to make a few months back... ruled out Valor because I wanted a 7 day cruise... went back and forth, asked for advice and finally settled on the Breeze. We're scheduled for Sept....

I like the fact that it's got all the amenities, but not QUITE as expensive as Vista! Also it's out of our home port, Galveston.

I've done all three and the Breeze is by far the best. It's the newest of the three, it's the biggest of the three, and it has more amenities to choose from. The waterpark is amazing, Guy Fieri's burgers are hands down the best burgers I've had on a cruise ship, my daughter swears by the suishi place, and I love getting the Italian place for free at lunch (it's $15 pp in the evening.) They also have a 3-D Thrill Theater and a sports deck with tons of free stuff like pool tables, Foosball tables, mini golf, a basketball court, etc. Yes it's bigger and there are more people, but with more venues and amenities to choose from the people spread out and it doesn't seem as crowded to me. We liked this ship so much last year we are going on it again this year. :D

The Breeze, hands-down. I will give the Freedom a try, though, after the Breeze leaves Galveston. :loudcry: The Breeze has all the amenities including the Red Frog Pub. The decor is the "newer" style of decor that Carnival is using (more subdued colors, i.e. blues and yellows). Even the "carnival haters" I see on this board love the Breeze.

All are good ships. If you have kids, Breeze would be the best option with the ropes course and the waterpark. I prefer 7 day cruises so I would pick between Freedom and Breeze. I really like the Lanai on the Breeze but also like the Promenade on the Freedom. Can't go wrong with either.

Also, the Breeze is going into drydock in April. It's getting a Guys BBQ, an Alchemy bar, a new lip syncing competition, and lots of other stuff. Not to mention the fresh newly painted walls, new carpeting, new bedding, etc. :D