Independence April 2018 Drydock

Joe12

Indy is out for over a month in dry dock, so that indicates to me that this will be a big one.

Does anyone have any idea of what they may be adding?

If it is a Liberty type refurb, I may be doing a July 2018 sailing on her, because if everything works out, I might be taking Symphony's TA.

I hope there will be some waterslides.

Liberty has got me really excited, but I will NOT sail from Galveston, but with Indy from Southampton, I am tempted. Did the 7 day Med/Barcelona run on Allure and Harmony. Was an OK itinerary for an October getaway, but not one for early July as I like to take a 2 week summer vacation, and I don't want to spend more than 1 night in Barcelona. That's why we did Explorer, Oasis and Anthem from the States, and will be doing Harmony from FLL this summer.

• 1 month later...

Any more news on this drydock and what to expect? We booked yesterday for the Thanksgiving 2018 sailing and the RCCI agent said that there would be several new restaurants on board.

Does anyone think she may get Freestyle machines? Going on Independence in September and will miss these machines! Founds them really good on our recent Oasis cruise ....and Freedom last year.

Does anyone think she may get Freestyle machines? Going on Independence in September and will miss these machines! Founds them really good on our recent Oasis cruise ....and Freedom last year.

Nothing publicly announced by the cruise line with regard to Freestyle machine installation.

Nothing publicly announced by the cruise line with regard to Freestyle machine installation.

Thanks Bob! Not been on a Royal Caribbean cruise without but the refit won't affect our September cruise.

I'm thinking that the Freestyle machines wont be installed on IOTS because according to a feature about the Freestyle machines, they are only available on ships that are State-side (unless this is being updated, which I really hope it is).

I'd really like to know if IOTS will be getting slides and what new restaurants my RCCI employee was referring to (he did not know specifics).

In addition to those additions listed in the reference above, Liberty got a new Suite Lounge and the old Concierge lounge is now the card/game room. The Suite lounge is port side deck 14 where Seven Hearts and another room used to be. BTW, the above reference R Bar listed as a dining venue, is not a dining venue. It is a re-decorated version of the old champagne bar.

In reference to the Jaded comment- we sailed her for the first time in November 2016 and loved it. It was our third cruise ever, with our first being on Monarch OTS and our second being Carnival Fascination. I will say, it was good being back on RCCI. As you can see, IOTS was our first BIG ship. Was very cool.

I called to check on something two days ago and asked the rep if he had any updates on the dry dock. He stated that it looked like a big refurb was scheduled.

Lastly, according to some deck site I found online, it shows Labyrinth being changed to Raven. I guess it's still gonna be a club?

The nightclub was removed from Liberty and more cabins added on deck 3 with Sabor being added in the space on deck 4. If they keep the nightclub, I can't imagine where they would locate Sabor. And I'll bet Sabor will be added.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked a 5 night sailing on IOTS for January 2019. I knew I'd find some info about a revitalization here! I am on Liberty for a 7 night this August; really looking forward to that! Hoping that Indy will have a full update completed in 2018!

-RP27

I'm thinking that the Freestyle machines wont be installed on IOTS because according to a feature about the Freestyle machines, they are only available on ships that are State-side (unless this is being updated, which I really hope it is).

Not sure that this is still an issue - Anthem and Explorer both have freestyle machines and both have done UK seasons in recent years (with the machines working).

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely not the end of Jan/first week of Feb. We are already booked on our yearly charter cruise on Indy the first week of Feb and its on the old deckplans. I looked up Indy's itinerary and it has a gap from April 3-May 5