Just booked the Dream!

h_blond2

Just booked our 2018 cruise on the Dream! We are leaving on May 20th. We are going to Belize, Isla Roatan and Cozumel. Super excited because I've never been to Belize, Isla Roatan or on the Dream! Just 404 days to go....good deal I have a cruise booked for this May! We think we are going to do the free beach at Mohagony Bay, but we are still undecided about Belize...what would you all suggest?

Edited by h_blond2

Just booked our 2018 cruise on the Dream! We are going to Belize, Isla Roatan and Cozumel. Super excited because I've never been to Belize, Isla Roatan or on the Dream! Just 404 days to go....good deal I have a cruise booked for this May! We think we are going to do the free beach at Mohagony Bay, but we are still undecided about Belize...what would you all suggest?

We are booked on the Dream for May 20th 2018 going to Belize. I booked us a spa room!!!! :)

I highly recommend the good people at Butts-Up! Cave Tubing in Belize. Great price, great time, beautiful and exhausting hike though the rain forest rewarded by a stunning float back down the briskly refreshing river. Guides all around kept us safe and on track and entertained AND they carried our tubes so we didn't have to. It's a full day so no real chance to explore around Belize City port but I hear you aren't missing much there anyway.

My wife and I are both in our 50s (well, we were when we did this last July lol) and not in great shape but we made it up to the river entry and it was so worth the effort.

Lunch is included (local beer is not included but it's very reasonably priced) and when we went the food was a touch more "authentic" than we are used to but it was delicious - it was a huge tamale but they put whole pieces of chicken in it - bones and all - so you just have to be careful eating it. I do not recall if there was an alternative option if you aren't into big ol' chicken tamales.

Even with tipping the tour guide it came out much cheaper than the equivalent Carnival excursion to the same river but where you carry your own tube and have shorter time in the water.

Just booked our 2018 cruise on the Dream! We are leaving on May 20th. We are going to Belize, Isla Roatan and Cozumel. Super excited because I've never been to Belize, Isla Roatan or on the Dream! Just 404 days to go....good deal I have a cruise booked for this May! We think we are going to do the free beach at Mohagony Bay, but we are still undecided about Belize...what would you all suggest?

Go into the excursion desk in the building where the souvenir shops are. Look for Island Marketing and book the Goff's Caye excursion. It was a fantastic day - such a quaint little island and an excellent lunch. We had the smoked chicken and it was delicious. It was $10 a plate and included the fixens. They provide free rum punch and snorkel equipment. They also had sodas, beers, etc for sale. This was one of our best excursions to date - especially for the price. Here is a link to their website:

https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/sun-kissed-goffs-caye-beach-snorkeling-belize/