Vista Specialty Dining - Which is a must do, which to pass on....l

ksmcdonald

I realize the Vista is still fairly new, but from the people that have cruised on Vista, which specialty dining place is the best? or worst? I haven't heard much about any restaurant except the steakhouse.

We sailed Vista Transatlantic so we had 13 days to eat and enjoy ourselves. :D

If I could only do one specialty dining venue again, it would be Chef's Table. Service was impeccable. Food was incredible. Atmosphere was fabulous.

If Chef's Table is out of your budget, then JiJi's would be my recommendation. Well worth the money. This was most likely the best Asian food I've ever eaten.

We sailed Vista Transatlantic so we had 13 days to eat and enjoy ourselves. :D

If I could only do one specialty dining venue again, it would be Chef's Table. Service was impeccable. Food was incredible. Atmosphere was fabulous.

If Chef's Table is out of your budget, then JiJi's would be my recommendation. Well worth the money. This was most likely the best Asian food I've ever eaten.

I was wondering if JiJi's was good, we don't hear too much about it. I think we will try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Ji ji's it was very good. Also the bonsai sushi on vista has an expanded menu. The have udon noodles and a ramen noodle dish. Also had shrimp tempura and also veggie tempura all very good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I realize the Vista is still fairly new, but from the people that have cruised on Vista, which specialty dining place is the best? or worst? I haven't heard much about any restaurant except the steakhouse.

WE love the Cucina Del Captitano.

We did the 8-course Chef's Table (Chef Karan Singh) in the new dining room in the kitchen. Fabulous. We loved JiJi's so much we went twice. Far and away, JiJi's is one of the best restaurants (on ship or land) we have experienced. I suggested to the Chef at Chef's Dinner that Vista add an ASIAN Chef's Dinner. The kitchen has the expertise to do so.

We also liked Bonsai Sushi, Guy's Pig and Anchor BBQ and Seafood Shack places for lunch. And you can never go wrong with. Guy's Burger Joint. The service at Alchemy Bar SUCKED. And we felt no need to go to the Steakhouse or Cucina del Capitano. Also fun? The self-serve wine bar in the Library.

Have a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We loved JiJi's. Both food and service were tip-top. Fahrenheit 555 had really good service and the steaks were good, but at least for me, it was too much food. Had a poor experience at the Seafood Shack, it may have been a staffing issue but I won't go there again.

We enjoyed JiJi's, especially the duck entree. Not so much the Cucina, but I'm a Bronx Italian boy who was brought up on homemade pastas and gravy. The Steakhouse was its usual exemplary meal and service.

If you like real southern Italian cooking, then pass on the Cucina, it's as bad as Olive Garden. The antipasto was the best part of my meal.

Another vote for JiJi's - it is excellent! Reserve a table before you go if you can to ensure you can get in. I still haven't tried Cucina. We tried to get in on our recent Vista cruise and it was booked every night.

We enjoyed JiJi's, especially the duck entree. Not so much the Cucina, but I'm a Bronx Italian boy who was brought up on homemade pastas and gravy. The Steakhouse was its usual exemplary meal and service.

If you like real southern Italian cooking, then pass on the Cucina, it's as bad as Olive Garden. The antipasto was the best part of my meal.

While I might agree that Northeast Italian food cooking sets the bar, Cucina is way better than OG. The only think decent there is the salad.... and most of the country would have no idea.

JiJis was soooo good. As others have said, probably the best Asian food I've eaten. We ate there 3 times on the 13-day TA. The service was top notch, food delicious, and just an overall great experience. The Italian place (forgot the name) was just OK for dinner. We didn't find the food or the service to be very good, but for lunch, both JiJi and the Italian restaurant are free. JiJi does a Mongolian Wok style lunch, and the Italian restaurant does a make-your-own pasta bar. The pasta was good for lunch.

Also did Chef's Table, which of course is highly recommended, but quite a bit more expensive ($95, I think, on Vista now).

Anyone have any experiences with Jiji's at lunch, when it is free? I've heard it's similar to Mongolian Wok (which I love) but with a different ordering system....

It is Mongolian Wok style. They give you a little slip of paper, you choose your ingredients, and then they make it and bring it to your table. You can customize as much as you want.

It is Mongolian Wok style. They give you a little slip of paper, you choose your ingredients, and then they make it and bring it to your table. You can customize as much as you want.

Awesome, thanks. Can't wait to try it in October! Hopefully, all of the great flavor of Mongolian Wok, and 100% less standing in line. :D

JiJis. Bonsai. Fahrenheit 555.

Cucina is okay, but lots of heavy food.

Seafood Shack for the lobster rolls!

For late breakfast, the Havana Bar is good, but I don't recall them being open before 10AM.

Not "specialty" as in extra $, but Blue Iguana breakfasts are good. And the carnitas tacos at lunch but not the fish.

Serenity deck's salad bar on sea days is a must.

The BBQ on sea days is so so (I lived in Texas too long and have eaten at too many Memphis and NC places). Watch for the fatty meats. Stick with chicken and chopped pulled pork. Mac & Cheese good. As is slaw. skip the other sides.

Not a fan of Sunglasses neck's burger bar but DW loves it.

JiJis. Bonsai. Fahrenheit 555.

Cucina is okay, but lots of heavy food.

Seafood Shack for the lobster rolls!

For late breakfast, the Havana Bar is good, but I don't recall them being open before 10AM.

Not "specialty" as in extra $, but Blue Iguana breakfasts are good. And the carnitas tacos at lunch but not the fish.

Serenity deck's salad bar on sea days is a must.

The BBQ on sea days is so so (I lived in Texas too long and have eaten at too many Memphis and NC places). Watch for the fatty meats. Stick with chicken and chopped pulled pork. Mac & Cheese good. As is slaw. skip the other sides.

Not a fan of Sunglasses neck's burger bar but DW loves it.

Is the Havana Bar at breakfast a buffet? That might work good for us as we have a Havana Cabana and we sleep later. 10:00 is perfect for my breakfast! Do you think we could take our plates back to or patio and eat?

I'm assuming you mean Guys Burgers, lol? I've never been on a ship yet with a Guy's but I I'll have to at least try it this trip.

I'm definitely trying the Lobster rolls at Seafood Shack!

Just off Vista yesterday. Loved the meat skewers from Bonsai Sushi. Did Mongolian Wok for lunch (located in JiJi's Asiak Kitchen) one day and you get quite a bit. I will say get there when they open. The line forms quick and there is a bit of a wait while they prepare your food.