how much room when the couch is pulled out - Balcony room

Ajat0921

sailing the magic with three boys (2 - 11 year olds and a 41 y.o. who thinks he is still 16). We have balcony # 8400, will have the couch pulled out for sleeping. how much room does that leave for walking pass? If we tell the boys to stay in the room while Mom and Dad go get a night cap, will we trip over the bed coming back into the room later at night?

Unless Magic is different from every other ship I've been on, the couch doesn't pull out. They take the back cushions off and make the base into a bed. The other bed will drop down from the ceiling. You will have the same amount of floor space you would without the beds being made up.

The pic accurately depicts the bunk arrangement in every standard balc or ocenview room I've seen.

As to your question about bumping into something, I think that depends on you! ;p

Cabin 8400 has a little square symbol in it, on the Magic deck plans map on the Carnival website. According to the legend this means:

2 Twin Beds (convert to King), Single Sofa Bed and 1 Upper Pullman

So yes, pretty much like the photo Froufie posted :) As far as I've ever seen only the double sofa beds (pretty much limited to the suites) fold out/down in anyway.

The pic accurately depicts the bunk arrangement in every standard balc or ocenview room I've seen.

As to your question about bumping into something, I think that depends on you! ;p

We had two extended balconies on Miracle recently 5122 5124 (connecting) for our family and there were no pullman (drop down) bunks. The kids room had two single beds and the couch, which as another poster said, did not pull out. They took the backrest off and made a single bed out of it.

It was perfect for us apart from one thing: you cannot lock the connecting door!

We had two extended balconies on Miracle recently 5122 5124 (connecting) for our family and there were no pullman (drop down) bunks. The kids room had two single beds and the couch, which as another poster said, did not pull out. They took the backrest off and made a single bed out of it.

It was perfect for us apart from one thing: you cannot lock the connecting door!

True, but you can only open the door on your side. If the door on the other cabin is closed, you can't open it because there is no knob on your side. All hotels/motels are set up the same way.