Carnival Fantasy owner's suite

Darph Bobo

Hello All!

I found your board wile looking for reviews and information on the Fantasy and thought I would share our stories (and some pics).

This is the second cruise for my wife and I. Our first was on the Carnival Ecstasy out of Galveston (Houston, technically, since Galveston got cleaned out last year) last October for our 15th anniversary.

To say that we fell in love with cruising would be an understatement.

My father has been on dozens of cruises, and I finally understood why he kept going back.

Well, we decided to take a similar cruise with our kids this year for summer vacation but picked the Fantasy out of New Orleans because it was $600 cheaper.

I got a call yesterday from a nice lady at Carnival asking if we would like to upgrade from our 185 sq ft cabin (for the 4 of us) to the owner's suite. After speaking to her and getting some pictures I was all over the deal.

I have seen a few pics on the internet, but they were mostly older and (I would assume) before the recent renovation.

So, without further ado, here are the pics!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

There was a charge. but it was less than our original room. I looked at pricing, and it would have been about the same cost to get a balcony room.

I have no idea why they picked us and didn't think to ask. I was a litle too excited to think clearly about that. :)

I forgot to include the notes she sent along with the pics.

Owner Suites

Bedding Twins/King

Dbl convertible sofa

2 single sofa beds

Combination whirl pool tub/shower

Double sink

2 – 42” flat screen TV’s

Home entertainment center

Separate bedroom, living room area, and a dry bar area with fridge (Dry bar meaning no sink)

Black out curtains

Cabin Size: 916 sq ft BL Size: 110 sq ft

We also got an attached ' ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM' word doc with this in it:

Guest hereby acknowledges being advised that the Owner's Suite is not generally available to the public. Guest further acknowledges that Carnival has advised and made him/her aware of the location of the cabin. As such, there may be noise from deck activities such as live music, announcements, moving of deck chairs which may be heard from within the cabin.

In consideration of the fore mentioned the Guest hereby releases CARNIVAL from any claims related to the Guest use of the owner’s suites.

There was a charge. but it was less than our original room. I looked at pricing, and it would have been about the same cost to get a balcony room.

That is absolutely incredible. I doubt that our owner's suite guru's Tom n Cheryl have ever gotten a deal like that.

That is absolutely incredible. I doubt that our owner's suite guru's Tom n Cheryl have ever gotten a deal like that.

Well, that makes me even more excited about it. :)

For our cruise, with shore excursions and tips built in, we are right at $4k for the 4 of us.

I looked at a trip on the Triumph (same trip, different ship) with a balcony stateroom and it would be almost exactly the same amount.

I forgot to mention that I haven't actually told my wife. She still thinks we are going to be in the small cabin.....not sure how long I will be able to keep it a secret once we get there. :)

I also thought of a question that those in the know might, well, know. ;)

Since we are in the big suite, do you think we might get a chance to dine with the captain?

Does this room come up in inventory when you are searching on Carnival.com? I have never seen it.

Do all the ships have Owners suites?

You won't find these suites listed on deckplans or in the inventory of available cabins. You have to know about them and request them specifically. To my knowledge, they are only available on the Fantasy class ships and I don't think all of the ships in that class have it.

Only some of the Fantasy class ships have these two cabins. They are usually several thousand dollars per person. There are only a few people in Carnival that can authorize the use of these cabins.

As far as dining with the Captain, that list is determined by Miami HQ and then sent to the Hotel Director onboard the ship. It is out of the ship's hands as to who dines with the Captain.

Dave

You've got that right! Since it's our preferred Fantasy Class cabin, the only way that we can be assured of having one, is to BOOK IT (for example this coming Thursday - WOO HOO)! As a general rule it runs a few/several hundred more pp than a Cat 12.

I am happy to see that the Sensation and Fantasy class OS upgrades were very similar (classy) as contrasted with the update to the OS on the Inspiration. You can see the differences in our Smugmug link below.

We have enjoyed the OS a few times on the Sensation, Inspiration, and Imagination. As I recall, they are on all Fantasy class ships except the Paradise and Elation.

Just know that once you have tasted that fruit, other "fruit" is not as sweet - lol.

ENJOY!!

Tom

Just know that once you have tasted that fruit, other "fruit" is not as sweet - lol.

ENJOY!!

Tom

I thought about that too. Our kids will think they are living int he dumps on the next cruise we go on.

BTW - great pics on that website. I was thinking about bringing my iphone on the cruise to play music on through that system. What would I need to hook it up?

My wife and I won a cruise on the Fantasy back in April. We were given the other owner's suite, S-1, the most incredible accommodations we have ever seen. Those photos bring back wonderful memories.

I couldn't get photos to upload, but described it in as much detail as I could in my review.

Where exactly is the OS located on Fantasy?

I've only dreamed about cruising in one of those suites so I don't know from personal experience but I believe they are on the Sports deck (two above Lido) overlooking the Lido pool mid-ship. If you look at a deck plan diagram of the Sports deck, the big semi-circular white space just below "Atrium" I believe is where the OS's are located.

Link to Fantasy deck plan: http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FA

Wow - enjoy your upgrade!! We booked our first suite on Fantasy in July - there will be 4 of us in that cabin - I sure hope I get one of those phone calls. It would take me about 1 second to say yes!

Wow - enjoy your upgrade!! We booked our first suite on Fantasy in July - there will be 4 of us in that cabin - I sure hope I get one of those phone calls. It would take me about 1 second to say yes!

It took me a couple minutes, only because I was in shock. Also, when she asked for a credit card number I asked for her extension so I could call her back at Carnival. It really seemed too good to be true.

You've got that right! Since it's our preferred Fantasy Class cabin, the only way that we can be assured of having one, is to BOOK IT (for example this coming Thursday - WOO HOO)! As a general rule it runs a few/several hundred more pp than a Cat 12.

I am happy to see that the Sensation and Fantasy class OS upgrades were very similar (classy) as contrasted with the update to the OS on the Inspiration. You can see the differences in our Smugmug link below.

We have enjoyed the OS a few times on the Sensation, Inspiration, and Imagination. As I recall, they are on all Fantasy class ships except the Paradise and Elation.

ENJOY!!

Tom

That is correct. They are on every Fantasy class ship except the Paradise and the Elation.

Where exactly is the OS located on Fantasy?

I've only dreamed about cruising in one of those suites so I don't know from personal experience but I believe they are on the Sports deck (two above Lido) overlooking the Lido pool mid-ship. If you look at a deck plan diagram of the Sports deck, the big semi-circular white space just below "Atrium" I believe is where the OS's are located.

Link to Fantasy deck plan: http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FA

That's the spot!

106537762_qZ4qC-L.jpg

And as seen from Lido deck (prior to E.O.F. dry dock upgrades) - Cheryl is leaning against the railing:

106537864_hYFey-L.jpg

Tom

Archived