Peat Taylor Tours From Falmouth

Peyton18

We just returned from our cruise. We did the Blue hole with Peat Taylor. Unlike DFGF, I had not specifically requested a private tour and this did create some issues. The departure from the Oasis was crazy and confusing. We did not see clear signs on where to go for the private excursions so we had to ask multiple port workers to find out where to go. Most were not very helpful. Finally we found the man with the Peat Taylor sign and were directed to the tour van. He was waiting for about 3-4 more parties to joint the ride to Ocho Rios. We waited for at least 45 min to an hour and still were missing 2-3 groups. Finally the moved our party and the other 2 that were doing Dunns River Falls to a different van and we headed off to Ocho Rios with Peat's son Oneal. The drive was about 45 minutes and Oneal provided a lot of good information along the way. We dropped off the groups at Dunns River Falls and then were off the the Blue Hole, picking up Benji our guide on the way. The Blue Hole was awesome. We were a party of 4 with 2 teenage girls and we loved it. We were the only visitors there so it was peaceful and beautiful. The girls loved jumping off of the "cliff" and the rope swing. Benji was great! It was very peaceful and relaxing. We spent about 2 hours at the blue hole and then Oneal dropped us off at the Jerk Center for some food. The food was really good and we were really hungry. We then had to meet up with the other 2 groups to go back to the ship. That was where some of the anxiety came in. The other groups then also wanted some food and we didn't leave Ocho Rios until 4:15 to 4:20. We had to be on the boat by 5:30. There was a lot of traffic in Falmouth. They didn't seem ready to deal with all of the traffic that comes with the port and we exited the van at 5:25. Way too close for me. We made it on the ship just fine and departure was delayed because of ship sponsored trips. I actually still saw some groups getting on the ship after 6:00. We had a great time with Oneal and Benji at the Blue Hole. It was amazing, but the heart attack that I was having at 5:25 tarnished it a little. I would not hesitate to book a tour with Peat Taylor again, but be aware that the distance and traffic associated with Falmouth may limit the itinerary. Monitor the time and ask for a private tour if possible so you have more control over the itinerary and time. Hope this helps.

We want to use Peat again...but your post is exactly what I am worried about on our next cruise. It's a shame because all of the good stuff is in Ocho, but I probably would have a heart attack if this happened to me. Another thing I noticed is that the tours are a lot more coming from Falmouth. It really adds up with 6 people.

We have also booked a tour with Peat out of Falmouth for the week of April 18. We are doing the DRF, River tubing, and Blue Hole per his recommendation. He said it would be approx. 5 1/2 hrs. It is my understanding that the falls are about an hour away from Falmouth. Cost for the three tours is $85/person I believe. I may ask to drop tubing or blue hole if time seems to be an issue. Don't want to miss the boat. Anyway, anyone who has toured with Peat out of Falmouth, info would be appreciated. Mainly concerned about time. Thanks.

ceebee - we have this exact same tour booked for June out of Falmouth. Please post back when you return and let me know how the timing of everything went. I also am concerned about the time. Thanks in advance.

We used Peat Taylor. DRF and tubing, no blue hole, and we had about 2 hours to spare before we had to board the ship. I think you will be safe time wise.

One thing to be aware though, there were about 10, 12 different people (several bus drivers, tour guides after tour guides, bathroom attendents, photographers, etc) asking for tips, some of them we were not even sure who they were. So my advice is to either be tough or budget your bills so you don't run out. :p

Next time, we will go our own way.

We just returned from cruise last week and went with Peat Taylor to DRF. We had a few families with us - he picked us at on time at the port and drove us to DRF - about 45 minutes. We had another guide, Mario with us who took us into the park and then met up with us when we finished the falls. Then, they drove us to a nice place for lunch - jerk chicken buffet style - beer, good food. then onto lazy river - Peat took us down a dirt road with shacks along side - not a good area, but when we got out, there were a few locals who we followed to the river - tubbing - had 3 guides that took us down the lazy river - really relaxing - highly recommend. Kids had a blast - 13 and 15. Back on the van and back to the ship - we made it just in time but it was a little scary because there was a lot of traffic in Falmouth and we were worried we were going to miss the ship but Peat is awesome and will not allow that to happen. He was very professional and a businessman all the way!! No worries, mon!!

:eek: ok, so no worries until I read the part about made it just in time! O my! Seriously, like how close to just in time???

Just curious, how much should I budget for the tips for the guides? We are scheduled to do the same falls/river tubing in October.

We just returned from cruise last week and went with Peat Taylor to DRF. We had a few families with us - he picked us at on time at the port and drove us to DRF - about 45 minutes. We had another guide, Mario with us who took us into the park and then met up with us when we finished the falls. Then, they drove us to a nice place for lunch - jerk chicken buffet style - beer, good food. then onto lazy river - Peat took us down a dirt road with shacks along side - not a good area, but when we got out, there were a few locals who we followed to the river - tubbing - had 3 guides that took us down the lazy river - really relaxing - highly recommend. Kids had a blast - 13 and 15. Back on the van and back to the ship - we made it just in time but it was a little scary because there was a lot of traffic in Falmouth and we were worried we were going to miss the ship but Peat is awesome and will not allow that to happen. He was very professional and a businessman all the way!! No worries, mon!!

ceebee - we have this exact same tour booked for June out of Falmouth. Please post back when you return and let me know how the timing of everything went. I also am concerned about the time. Thanks in advance.

Just back from the Navigator of the Seas five day cruise with a Peat Taylor tour in Jamaica. We give Peat Taylor two thumbs up! Here is the low-down...Because timing was an issue, we were prepared and ready to get off the boat as soon as the gangway was down. Didn't really take time to look around the port of Falmouth, instead we followed the crowd off the boats towards tours. There was some signage pointing towards transportation, but we didn't see a sign for private tour transportation so we ask one of the many port representatives standing around giving info. She knew of Peat Taylor and directed us to where we needed to go. We would not have easily located this area without asking so please ask. There was a P. Taylor rep waiting for us and he directed us to the van. In time, two other couples joined us. We had a male driver and female tour guide. We probably left the lot shortly after 9:30 AM. They ask when the boat was leaving. We told them we needed to be back by 4PM. I advise you do the same We got back to port around 4:10 PM and were on the boat in plenty of time for the 4:30 PM deadline. Many others were just getting back at that time as well. We had booked DRF, River tubing and the Blue Hole. First stop was DRF. Ride there was around 45 min. Tour Guide and driver were very professional and spoke the entire time giving us info about Jamaica and answering any questions. Once there the guide took us in and delivered us where we needed to be. She advised us in advance about vendors we may want to stear clear of if we didn't want to buy something or pay for a picture, etc. Guides that take you up the Falls do expect tips so take some money. We gave our guide $10, but I think any amnt would be fine. There were a lot of people at DRF so we were there longer than we would have liked, but it was worth it and fun. Since the others in our group were not scheduled for the Blue Hole and it was now 12:30 PM, we opted to stick with the group and go tubing. Loved the tubing with the exception of the mid-way point where we were forced to stop, have pics taken and look at some souvenirs for purchase. This seems to be the rule rather than the exception in Haiti and Jamaica. We didn't buy anything. But, again, have money if you want to. We stopped at a place called the Ruins for lunch. Someone mentioned it in an earlier post. It is $15/person. The buffet was not worth $15 in my opinion, but the scenery was so it was all good. With only 20 min to spare we stopped at a shopping area across from the restaurant. I can't see how we could have fit the Blue Hole in unless we had opted to forgo lunch. The other couples agreed that we were happy with Peat Taylor and glad with our choice. We definately got more personalized attention and more local culture than we would have if we had booked through the cruise line. We were not ask for money until the return to Falmouth. Since we did not do the Blue Hole, we paid $75/person versus $85 and left a tip as well. Hope this info helps.

• 1 year later...
We are not cruising to Falmouth till next year. We are interested more in a sightseeing tour and have no desire to walk the Falls or swim or that. Just want to see some towns and history. Does anyone know of a tour like this?

I went to knowjamcica website from the suggestion above and they have a private tour for $35 pp if you have a party of 5 or more.

• 2 years later...

I have been with Pete Taylor tour before and enjoyed it a whole lot. I will be going to Jamaica in October and was curious about the prices for the Blue Hole and White River Tubing excursions. if its also possible to take a Canon G10 down the White River Tubing

I have been with Pete Taylor tour before and enjoyed it a whole lot. I will be going to Jamaica in October and was curious about the prices for the Blue Hole and White River Tubing excursions. if its also possible to take a Canon G10 down the White River Tubing

The price depends on where they pick you up.

http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=56

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We are heading back and expect to use them again. What tour did you take?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Britney, so we did the White River Tubes and Blue Hole Tour. I must say they were both very great excursions. The tubing had both soft and hard rapids on the way down so we got both a exciting and calm ride. Then the blue hole had us in all excitement jumping, swinging and climbing waterfalls.The guides at both excursions were very personal, they took special care of everyone in my family.

Our driver was Oneil Taylor he is Peat's son, We had very amazing, personal and funfilled day...:)

Edited by stephaniej

• 5 weeks later...

Dunn River Falls was something interesting but I would not go again. The Blue Hole was lovely and the guides wonderful.

We might consider doing something with them again. Who else is on the 4/3/16 RC Allure? 885219_10152629402030398_527973028_o.jpg my pic of one of the guys jumping in.

• 3 weeks later...

Peat's White River Tubing & Cool Blue Hole tour

Anyone tried this? Comments?

Specifically, it says they will end your day however you'd like... "After the fun trip by the Blue Hole, a stop by the Mahogany Beach, shopping in town or by the Margaritaville is optional."

Do you have to take a cab back to the ship after?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am planning a trip to go back to jamaica, i have used Peat Taylor's services before and had a great experience. Just curios about the recent price change at blue hole from $10 to $15 is this correct.

• 5 months later...
Travelling to falmouth Jamaica in Janurary and thinking of doing Peat Taylor's Tubing and Blue Hole excursion. I will be travelling with my eleven month old, will this excursion be difficult for my daughter and I.:confused:

You will NOT be able to do either of these with an 11 month old.

• 8 months later...