NCL Crown Photos?

SeaBorne

Hi,

We've been on the Dawn (and liked it) to FL and Bahamas, but would like to see Bermuda. However, it seems only the Crown sails there from NY. We read one of the reviews for Crown, and checked the NCL website, but are interested if anyone has or knows of photos (besides NCL's stock) of the Crown.

Eventhough we want to see Bermuda (must sail from NY), we are not enamored with the shots we've seen or the commentary we've read regarding the Crown.

SeaBorne, I have no photos now but we are going on the Crown in 2 weeks and will be more than glad to take some for you. Is there any area in particular you would like? Or just general shots? I'm not the greatest photographer but I will do my best.

Hi,

We've been on the Dawn (and liked it) to FL and Bahamas, but would like to see Bermuda. However, it seems only the Crown sails there from NY. We read one of the reviews for Crown, and checked the NCL website, but are interested if anyone has or knows of photos (besides NCL's stock) of the Crown.

Eventhough we want to see Bermuda (must sail from NY), we are not enamored with the shots we've seen or the commentary we've read regarding the Crown.

SeaBorne,

No comparison between the Dawn and the Crown. The Crown is a small intimate ship holding approx. 1,000 passengers. Only one main dining room. She was originally built for Royal Cruise Lines and sailed longer voyages and the transatlantic route. Only one main show lounge. The other eating venues are all small -- some only seating 40 people.

The Crown's cabins are much larger than the Dawn's and the decore is more sedate. The Dawn is very tropical in her carpet design -- sea horses and lots of color. 2 completely different styles. There is no "dedicated" movie theatre. It was removed to add additional cabins. However, they do show movies on some days in the main lounge. Being a small ship it is very easy to get around -- you won't get lost!

If you like small intimate ships, then you will like the Crown. She rides the waves well. We were in a mini suite (8022) and had lots of drawer space. The bathroom had storage under the sink and over the toilet and a tub. So we didn't have to do battle with an overly friendly shower curtain!.

There was no refrigerator in our mini suite. The Dawn has them and a small unit to make your own coffee. Both ships have safes in the cabins.

Hope this helps.

MARAPRINCE

The indoor pool was removed during a renovation a couple of years ago. It was replaced with crew cabins. The old movie theatre was replaced by the kids club at the same time, and this is also when they added LeBistro and the Spa.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I stumbled upon DebJo's Dawn review, and have been consumed with reading it ever since. (Fantastic review!) Consequently, it's taken a while to locate other threads I was previously checking (including this one).

Thanks for the updates. I can't wait to see any photos that become available. The Crown/Dawn cruise question is still in the air.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently, I stumbled upon DebJo's Dawn review, and have been consumed with reading it ever since. (Fantastic review!) Consequently, it's taken a while to locate other threads I was previously checking (including this one).

Thanks for the updates. I can't wait to see any photos that become available. The Crown/Dawn cruise question is still in the air.

I would attach a shot of the Dawn and crown together but that feature is not working on the board tonight. Here is a link with over 1000 photos of the Crown.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/norwegiancrown.htm

Archived