Do you have new Carnival Splendor MENU's

thepauls93

I just went on the Carnival Splendor, but I forgot to take pictures of the new menu's. I usually do, well, some items on the menu are new, but a lot of items are older items they have offered since I started cruising in 2000. So if you have the new menu's from this ship can you post them here or send a link to them, or if you are going in the near future can you please take the pictures of them and post them here or send me the link. Thanks in advance. I have all the new Carnival Caper's, I mean Fun Times from the 2/27th to 3/6/11 cruise if anyone needs them. The cruise was pretty good :). Getting on the ship was a whole other matter :(. Standing for 4 hours outside in the cold & sun was not fun at all. And I am still :eek: seeing Pepto Bismol pink circles in my dreams. I like pink, :rolleyes: but they over did them on her .

I'm going in two weeks and will get photo's of the menus.

I'm trying to figure out when would be good to do the steakhouse. Do you have a recommendation of what day?

:D Thank you so SOOOO very much you are such a dear heart.

I suggest when you first get on the ship to go up there & make them for one of the formal nights. I did not get to eat there this time, I would have loved to as I am a real foodie (I am a professional taste tester for the Senomyx Corp) but my DH isn't, he thinks the specialty dinner place is a waste of money, but he'd be happy to eat hamburgers every lunch & steak every dinner, which he did as predicted on this cruise :rolleyes:.

In the past for my 50th Birthday cruise in '06 on the Spirit I got on the ship & went up there first & got the table I wanted & the time I wanted as well for the 2nd formal night on my Birthday & I absolutely LOVED it :D. There was much less noise & they also had a band playing softly in the background so if you wanted to dance you could, loved that, plus it was a beautiful room. Also the service was GREAT!!!

I have noticed the service in the main Dining room has really gotten bad. I have noticed that since the automatic tip thing went in to effect it has gradually gone down hill. Plus when you bring a bottle of white wine to dinner (which I usually do as I have a glass at dinner time) you have to wait 25 mins. just to have them open it, then another 25 mins in the ice bucket by their service station, even though when I brought it up from our ref. in our room & was already cold when they got it. Then they put next to our table & it took them another 10 mins just to pour it. And then they never poured me another glass the whole time they had it for the week. To me that is not good service at all. plus we always had to ask to have our glass filled with water as well. You shouldn't have to ask for that :(.

I noticed you have cruised before the manditory tip thing took effect. So have you noticed the difference in the service in the dinning room as well? Actually I think the room stewards should get much more of a tip than the dining room waiters cause they do more work for us, cause sometimes I don't even eat in the dinning room, but the room stewards are cleaning our room 2 times a day & are always there if I need something 24/7, the waiters are not. My first job way back when was a Hotel maid & it is really hard work, you try making 30 beds in 1 day & on top of that clean 15 bathrooms in a day. That is what I had to do & I have a feeling they do a lot more than that in a day. I always tip them an extra 20 bucks at the end of the cruise.

Sorry this got so long, but just thought you'd like to know. I know all servers are not alike & I do have a feeling though our guys were new to it. Have a great cruise & keep in contact I really would love to know how yours went. I also enjoyed the Tapas in the California Roll when we were in port instead of sushi they have tapas. In the evenings I enjoyed the piano bar guy Chris he was good, great pianist & the band Music Society they are good too.

I really do wish you a great cruise. Try to avoid the pink circles if you can ;) lol, just joking as I know you will also be commenting on them by the 2nd day on the cruise or someone will be to you, especially on the elevators. At least the cabins don't have them thank goodness.

So where in Kentucky do you call home? Also what day do you leave on your cruise? Remember to GET THERE EARLY & wear comfortable clothes & shoes. We got there at 10am & finally got on just after 2pm & we were in group #2 & had to stand the whole time. I felt so bad for all the others after us as a lot did not even know which line to get in & a lot of them were in the wrong lines. I do pray that this does not happen to you. I noticed all your cruises have been in the Carribean area & this is your 1st one to Mexico? Why did you choose Mexico this time I am curious? Thanks again for doing the pictures I really do apperciate you for doing this.

Do Take care new friend & have a great cruise & keep in touch, Anna Paul

:D Thank you so SOOOO very much you are such a dear heart.........

Anna,

Thanks so much for such a kind response. I've never known a professional taster before and I'm quite impressed.

I'm thinking that were about the same age as I had my 55th birthday on our last cruise. Got the piece of cake with a candle and the "Hoppy birddy two ewes" from the waiters.

We're from a small town, Corbin, in Kentucky that is famous for only two things. Harland Sanders started selling his chicken in a roadside café and then we out to franchise Kentucky Fried Chicken. The other thing is near out town is Cumberland Falls. The only other place in the world where you will see a moonbow (rainbow during a full moon). The other is Victoria Falls in Africa.

We started cruising back when you did get a 5 course meal and the service did include the crumb scrapping. Of course the 5 courses are a thing of the past along with the smoking in the dinning room. Some changes have been for the better and some for cost reasons. As I recall, our first 4 day cruise cost more than the Splendor cruise will cost.

The service has been spotty since 2000 when Carnival introduced the "team waiting" concept. What I can see is that the waiters/busboys are responsible for more tables than before. I was talking to a passenger from the Elation in Cozumel last cruise (his first) and his impression of the MDR was along the line of Denny's. I believe the bar staff has been reduced as well. We had to "catch up" with the bar maid on one night at we waited to sign for some wine.

We tried the Anytime Dinning on the Fantasy a couple of years ago and missed the connection we get with the wait staff. Most of the servers we get are pretty good and some did deserve an extra tip. (We still do like the idea of presenting the tip envelope at the end of the cruise to all our favorite staff.)

Good also to hear about the ship and boarding. This will be our platinum cruise and I wanted to do something different than the Caribbean. We are looking forward to making the trip out to sunny southern California (after this monsoon) and the Mexican Rivera. Looking forward to seeing the Splendor after looking at so many pictures. (You need to cruise on the Miracle if you like pink grapes as well.) I'm curious on how the burrito bar works. I figured out the Mongolian grill on the last few cruises and think that it's about the same concept.

I'll be sure to take pictures of the menus. I think I've figured out how to do this without the flash washing out the text. I love taking pictures of our food as it help me remember what I had to make notes in my travel journal.

Best wishes,

Don Hood

2333049230098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

My daughters say I have more pictures of room service than them. Not true but I've never counted.

Anna...I would not recommend the Steakhouse on a formal night since the MDR usually has a good menu. Your DH missed the 24 oz porterhouse:( by think the meal there wasa waste of $. It's not the old Supper Club but the service is very good. Next cruise try the Chef's Table. It'll fit your tasting mood. And don't forget the Crew Classic in 2 weeks:)

Corbin...do wait until you get on the ship to make reservations, as Anna recs. I suggest, a none elegant (formal) night. If you're doing your time dining, I recommend you try the Steak house the first night on board, assuming you get your luggage early. You can usually get a reservation then. Otherwise, try to get a glimpse of the menus in advance and pick a night when you see your least favorite, less of your favorite, items on the menu. You should be able to see the daily menu on your room's TV. And sometimes you can get a reservation that day, if you call early enough, but it may be a very early or very late seating, a risk you take. Be advised that while you can take pictures of the menus, there is glare in the MDR and that may affect the quality of your photos. You migh be able to ask the hostess or Maitre d' for copies. And I think John Heald posted some regular menus on his website. But these to vary night to night on different ships. And good luck this weekend in the Sweet 16!

Corbin...do wait until you get on the ship to make reservations, as Anna recs. I suggest, a none elegant (formal) night. If you're doing your time dining, I recommend you try the Steak house the first night on board, assuming you get your luggage early. You can usually get a reservation then. Otherwise, try to get a glimpse of the menus in advance and pick a night when you see your least favorite, less of your favorite, items on the menu. You should be able to see the daily menu on your room's TV. And sometimes you can get a reservation that day, if you call early enough, but it may be a very early or very late seating, a risk you take. Be advised that while you can take pictures of the menus, there is glare in the MDR and that may affect the quality of your photos. You migh be able to ask the hostess or Maitre d' for copies. And I think John Heald posted some regular menus on his website. But these to vary night to night on different ships. And good luck this weekend in the Sweet 16!

Thanks crewsweeper for the info. Next time I'm at Boss Oysters in Apalachicola, I have a dozen raw for you.:D

Thanks crewsweeper for the info. Next time I'm at Boss Oysters in Apalachicola, I have a dozen raw for you.:D

Call me and I'll drive down and join you:):) and don't forget the chocolate place for dessert! The wine bar should be open by now!

Also, if you're that far, swing on over Killer Seafood up at Mexico Beach.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out when would be good to do the steakhouse. Do you have a recommendation of what day?

We're you able to take photos of the menu's? I'd love to see then as I will be on the splendor 4/24 and would like to pre-book the steakhouse one night.

Also if you have the copies of the Fun-Times i'd love to see those as well .

Thanks in Advance if you are able to post them anywhere.

:D:eek::rolleyes:

Mark

Would love menus and fun times also please :)

any tips would be great also. We ate going on the 5/15 cruise. Thanks!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived