Referral coupon issue - not applied

apuleius

I referred a first time cruiser and had a confirmation email from Seabourn club that it was being applied for their sailing. I've just received an email from the person I referred who is currently on board, informing me that the OBC had not been applied to their account.

Has anyone had experience of this happening before? I feel really bad about it. I've emailed Seabourn Club but have yet to have a reply - I think Guest relations on board have done the same even though I forwarded a copy of the confirmation of OBC email to them.

Any comments anyone?

Do you know if they had either a Virtuoso or Ensemble amenity? While in the past, I was able to receive the referral coupon credit and the Virtuoso amenity, on my most recent cruise in November, I was informed I could not use both, and so my referral credit was banked.

I sent one in for a couple new to Seabourn who are on the same cruise as us on the Odyssey in October. I had no email in return from SB so I have my fingers crossed that we both board and find the OBC waiting for us. Does anyone know if there is any way to check that it will be applied?

I sent one in for a couple new to Seabourn who are on the same cruise as us on the Odyssey in October. I had no email in return from SB so I have my fingers crossed that we both board and find the OBC waiting for us. Does anyone know if there is any way to check that it will be applied?

I had planned to call Seabourn about this today for someone I referred. Will let you know.

As far as I'm aware they had no other special discounts. I feel really bad particularly as I've heard back from Seabourn and the referral seems to have been in order - both for them and myself. Unfortunately, the SB people on board didn't have notice of it ...

As far as I'm aware they had no other special discounts. I feel really bad particularly as I've heard back from Seabourn and the referral seems to have been in order - both for them and myself. Unfortunately, the SB people on board didn't have notice of it ...

If the people you referred are still on board, have the head office fax or email the confirmation, and it will be applied. Have the onboard clients request the same from the pursers office.

Unfortunately they only discovered this just before the end of the cruise and even though I emailed them the confirmation from head office SB would not apply the credit. the pursers office also emailed head office but being a weekend and with time difference the guests had disembarked before a reply came through. I hope they follow it up post cruise as it's unfortunate - I guess they'll get OBC for a future cruise rather than a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope they can get it applied to a future sailing.

In the final cruise documents it has usually been listed in the back as credit on board. The only time not in the book was when we did a referral for friends who did a spur of the moment sailing two weeks before a cruise and then we sailed two weeks after. So it was too late for it to be included in the book as that was sent to us from the USA.

That is a shame. When I have a credit my TA confirms the credit in my booking confirmation. Next it always shows up in my final cruise documents. And finally when I enter my suite there is always a card on the coffee table that confirms the credit. We did have a cruise years ago when the card was not in the suite. We immediately went to the purser who confirmed that there had been an oversight. I hope you friend can get SB to refund them the $400,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just had a coupon refused as my referral pax were on interline discount. Wish these exceptions were detailed a little more clearly as I am afraid I have left these people disappointed.

Back to the referral thread for another try!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is me,

My TA said he would check in about a month from the time you sent it,

So we will wait and see,I will let you know .

Dale .....

Just email Seabourn Club to check that all is in order. They're probably fed up with all my emails by now LOL

Hello Dan,

I booked my upcoming Seabourn cruise through Amex and I'm getting a shipboard credit as a result. I am a first time Seabourn voyager so will I still be able to use a referral credit in addition assuming one will be available at the time? Thanks for any advice.

Hello Dan,

I booked my upcoming Seabourn cruise through Amex and I'm getting a shipboard credit as a result. I am a first time Seabourn voyager so will I still be able to use a referral credit in addition assuming one will be available at the time? Thanks for any advice.

Amex credits are not combineable with the referral credit. Go for the one that gives you the best credit!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Forums mobile app

Amex credits are not combineable with the referral credit. Go for the one that gives you the best credit!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Forums mobile app

Thanks much. One more question: since Seabourn requires payment at time of any pre-booking excursions, hence I wouldn't be able to use a shipboard credit, do you think it is safe to wait until on-board to book their excursion? I appreciate any advice.

Thanks much. One more question: since Seabourn requires payment at time of any pre-booking excursions, hence I wouldn't be able to use a shipboard credit, do you think it is safe to wait until on-board to book their excursion? I appreciate any advice.

Wait until you board to book your excursions. I have never seen anyone turned away due to overbooking. If you decide on the referral credit, please post on the sticky up top of the thread directory. :)

They checked my account as well as my friend' s and we both have the referral credit listed.

I was told that I had to pay now for any excursions I booked in advance of the cruise, but that when I got on board I would be able to transfer the charge to my on board credit and my credit card would be credited for the amount I paid before boarding.

On another topic -

Does anyone have any experience with excursions filling up? Do I need to prebook such activities as sea kayaking or a bike ride before I get on board?

Also, I was told that if I prebook an excursion, even if no one else signs up, they will still run the excursion for me. Has anyone had that experience? Seems unlikely.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Linda

WOW! this is new. They cancelled trips on 2 different occasions because not enough people were signed up. No issue with money being refunded. I cannot imagine they would run a trip for 2 people but what do I know.

WOW! this is new. They cancelled trips on 2 different occasions because not enough people were signed up. No issue with money being refunded. I cannot imagine they would run a trip for 2 people but what do I know.

I have had both the cancelling of excursions.......... but also in Slovenia they were running an excursion for the first time of a wine tasting an a degustation lunch in Slovenia last July. I don't know if it was because it was a first time event and they wanted some feedback but my husband and I were the only two people. It was a truly magical day with wonderful views, lovely people and gorgeous food.........it was my first tasting of wild strawberries in a dessert.:):):)

When we got back the hotel manager called us twice to get feedback and check on some details.

Julie

• 1 month later...

Hi all, first time Seabourn cruiser here--sailing in a month. We got a referral coupon from someone on CC and we just finished the online registration with Seabourn but there was nothing on there about our on board credit. Should I call Seabourn to see whether they gave us the referral credit or does the credit show up closer to sailing? Thanks!

Edited by Rocky28

It's smart to call and check with Seabourn. They will tell you right away when they look up your reservation number. Otherwise, you won't know until you enter your suite and review the letter waiting for you showing you (hopefully) the credit.

Happy sailing!