What do you think of this outfit?

sadiecat

I put together this outfit and just was curious what your thoughts are. Should I change anything and if so, what do you suggest? First is the top, which the picture doesn't do it justice, it is very pretty and soft, the color at the top is blue and graduates to more of a turquoise color at the bottom. I bought a pair of white capris to wear with it. I am worried about accessories.

Here is the top:

http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plus-size-tops/view-all-tops/blue-skies-eyelash-top/4500c14590p145767/index.pro

The shoes in natural color:

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Comfortview-Wendy-woven-wide-mule.aspx?PfId=194321&DeptId=13250&ProductTypeId=1

The purse in turquoise:

http://www.ebags.com/product/magid/paper-straw-crossbody/233015?productid=10187262

Thanks in advance for any input.

I love the top, I am going to show it to my mom :)! In my opinion I think you should get the purse in a different color, it might be too matchy-matchy (for this top)? Maybe a neutral color for this outfit? I think a turquoise purse would look better with a neutral outfit to make it pop. Does that make sense, I hate giving opinions because I don't want to sound like I am attacking you! I just think (in my opinion) it is not really in style to be matchy-matchy right now. The turquoise purse would be fine with another outfit that is neutral in color, but with a bright top a neutral bag would look better :o

I really like the top and shoes. You did good! I agree about not getting the turquoise purse. The color probably won't exactly match the colors in the top, and may detract from the top. That's what you want to emphasize, as the colors are so pretty. Match the shoes, or something in the same family.

I really like the top and shoes. You did good! I agree about not getting the turquoise purse. The color probably won't exactly match the colors in the top, and may detract from the top. That's what you want to emphasize, as the colors are so pretty. Match the shoes, or something in the same family.

I agree, the top is beautiful! I would also go with a more neutrel purse. I am not a big fan of capris but they do look so much better with at least a small heel. Otherwise unless you are very slim, they just make your leg cut off in the most unflattering spot. I would either change out the shoes for a heel or change to long pants.

I like but don't love the top. The color is its strong point.

The shoes look great for a cruise: Definitely tropical, and they should match plenty of other things.

I wouldn't bother with the purse. You don't really need it onboard (especially because your capris almost certainly have pockets). If you think you will want a purse onboard, I'd suggest a small wristlet that'd match everything.

Love the top, I have it in black. Whatever you wear with it, you will look wonderful, and loads better than most. ;)

I never need a purse while cruising, just a beach bag to carry on embarking and excursions. I will not buy capri's without pockets. lol maybe a tiny wristlet.

You will be lovely, just smile and enjoy! don't forget your statement necklace and earrings! White would be stunning.. lol

It is very nice just as you have selected as you know you will probably get as many different opinions as you have posters, the bottom line is what you like :-)

Having said that ~

I kind of like the deeper blue purse color with the blouse for some contrast and then pick up a couple of bangle bracelets in the same blue as the purse , tying it all together w/o being to matchy matchy :-)

Thumbs up from me to anything that bright and summery!!

If I were you, I'd wear earrings that match with the top. But obviously I'm not so no offense taken if you'll wear something else :D

I'm sure u received all the advice you want or need by now, but I might add a travel/cruise suggestion I found works well for me. For a bag to use onboard when u need it, I bought a small "cosmetics" bag that serves 2 purposes: holds my makeup and carry it to dinner/lunch. I keep it fresh inside by putting the makeup first in a ziplock bag b4 puttng it in the cosmetics bag. There are neutral, vibrant and funky styles to choose from inexpensively. Just a another thought.

I put together this outfit and just was curious what your thoughts are. Should I change anything and if so, what do you suggest? First is the top, which the picture doesn't do it justice, it is very pretty and soft, the color at the top is blue and graduates to more of a turquoise color at the bottom. I bought a pair of white capris to wear with it. I am worried about accessories.

Here is the top:

http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plus-size-tops/view-all-tops/blue-skies-eyelash-top/4500c14590p145767/index.pro

The shoes in natural color:

http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Comfortview-Wendy-woven-wide-mule.aspx?PfId=194321&DeptId=13250&ProductTypeId=1

The purse in turquoise:

http://www.ebags.com/product/magid/paper-straw-crossbody/233015?productid=10187262

Thanks in advance for any input.

The top is very pretty but I have two of them and honestly, they really make me look and feel fatter than I am. (I'm a 16)

Love the straw bags, I agree that if you are ordering on line it will be hard to match.

Have a great cruise.

Archived