Tips For Travellers Blog, Podcasts & Videos

Garybem

I wanted to add my blog to this board like others have done.

It is called Tips for Travellers, and I have been covering cruising since 2005, starting with my trip on the QE2.

The best place to start is probably at the Cruising Page where I link to most of the cruise articles , audio podcasts and videos. The videos have many thousands of views / so thanks to those who watched already.

I also have focused pages for different cruise lines I have been on.

Tipsfortravellers.com/cruising

Edited by Garybem

Gary's "Tips for Travellers" is great. All kinds of great information and pictures. I subscribed to the blog and get emails when something new is posted. Wonderful and useful site!

Thanks so much! Really appreciate the feedback - and signing up for alerts.

There should be a lot cruise stuff coming over the next month as have some podcasts of interviews I did with some Seabourn Crew, have a ship visit to the Minerva this week (video, review and podcast) and then off on Silversea for the 1st time - going to Baltics and will be a bunch of videos, podcasts and posts: read more about the trip and focus I plan for the blog on Silversea Baltics trip. Shout if anything you recommend!!!

I want to do the "Saint" tours and you have given a great overview of the 4 saints and Barbados. An island cruise I'll use hopefully in 2014. Thx. ps. I, too, subscribed.

Thanks. Glad to hear that the content helped. The "Saints" were amazing! I enjoyed and liked them much more than I thought I would, as was worried they would just be too busy. Some amazing things to do and see!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Celebrity-Cruises-coming-into-Dominica.jpg

Know the best and most helpful resources to find out about, plan and get the most out of cruising? Here are my tips and thoughts on the best sites, podcasts, magazines, books, blogs, apps and other resources like agents, tours and fairs: http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/best-sources-for-getting-on-going-advice-about-cruising/

What have I missed.....????

• 1 month later...

Marco-van-Belleghem-Hotel-Director-Holland-America-Line.jpg

While on the Nieuw Amsterdam I met and interviewed Marco Van Belleghem (Hotel Director) about his photography and Holland America (what makes them different, who they best suited for etc). You can read about him and listen to the interview I recorded:

Read and listen to what he had to say: http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/holland-america-tips-tricks-hotel-director/

Bakery-Holland-America-Nieuw-Amsterdam.jpg

While on Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam last week got to go on a tour of the galley and then down into the stores - which was amazing! This is the post I wrote on my blog about the visit and some of the startling facts that I learnt! http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/remarkable-behind-scenes-activities-culinary-experience-holland-americas-nieuw-amsterdam/

DSC02605.jpg

Those of you who have travelled on Holland America know that its has a Dutch heritage. This is seen in the fact that even today most of the senior crew on board are originally from Holland. However, most of the crew are from Indonesia and some from the Philippines. I was intrigued and got to find out the full story while I was on board (including when I go to take part in a Q&A with the Captain, Hotel Director and Cruise Director.

I called the article on my blog: Revealing the story behind the crew on Holland America .. I hope you find it interesting!

Edited by Garybem
added link

I have to admit to thinking that towel animal creations that cruise lines like to do (some anayway) was something that I would never appreciate. Until I went on Holland America and the stateroom attendants (Mono and Otto) started leaving them. I was sold! Read my thoughts and some of the amzing ones they made (What has your favorite ones been and where??)

http://www.tipsfortravellers.com/towel-animals-holland-america/

IMG_5221.jpg

• 3 years later...