Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Holland America Line

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Holland America Line
Read thousands of Holland America Cruise Reviews from real cruisers and compare the best Holland America Cruise Deals

How to Organize a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle (Meet & Greet) on Board Your Holland America Cruise

NEW! Find Your HOLLAND AMERICA Roll Call

Old August 25th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Question reguarding arrival of docs

I am going nuts anticipating the arrival of my documents!!! Question is will I get them via U.S. postage or will they arrive by carrier? I purchased through CVC. How did anyone else who purchased through CVC get theirs? I have worn out the blacktop leading to the mailbox!! Cruising on Sept. 25 and have heard that several other fellow cruisers have already gotten theirs. I WANT MINE TOO!!!! Thanks, Chef Nancy

Bahamas Celebration 8/12/13
Eurodam -10/23/10
Ruby Princess-1/15/09-Family cruise
Carnival Fascination 12/5/05-My R & R cruise
Zuiderdam-9/17/05
Zuiderdam-9/28/04
Regal Empress-9/27/03

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

Can`t help you if this is a cyber TA. We use a regular land based TA and always receive ours 6-8 weeks prior to sailing. I know the feeling about wanting to get your hands on your docs!!

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

We also booked through CVC for a 9/04 cruise. Docs arrived on 8/18. I believe they were delivered via Priority Mail. Based on that, your's might show up as late as 9/07 for a 9/25 cruise. This did seem rather late compared with when most report getting them. Maybe CVC is a little slow.

Rick

Old August 25th, 2004, 07:49 PM
50,000+ Club

Like Jean, we also use a regular TA. Our documents for our October 15th cruise came in last week.

Old August 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

I just called our tour operator to see when we will be getting our documents for our 9/25 cruise and they said 2 weeks prior to the date. It would seem that with all of the technology improvements and information traveling at the speed of light, what you used to get a couple of months prior to your cruise date now arrives just before you leave.

Old August 25th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cool Cruiser

Golfgirl - we are with you on that cruise and we don't have our docs yet either, went thru Crucon. Spoke with them today and was told within the week, will still be 3+ weeks out - I can wait but I know what you mean about wearing out the way to the mailbox.

Old August 26th, 2004, 02:48 AM
10,000+ Club

Well, my stopwatch began today. One month to go ... I'm starting to watch for the Docs. This is about the time I expect time to start dragging.

Booked Future Cruises:
Volendam - 14-Day China & Japan - April 13, 2015

Old August 26th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

They told me at CVC they send them FED EX about 7-10 days prior. I told them I needed them sooner and they mailed them to me. We received ours for the 09/04 cruise last Monday thru regular mail. You'd think they'd send them earlier & save a lot of money since it was only $3.85 thru regular mail & I think FED EX charges $14.00 for overnight. Tell them you need them sooner & they'll mail them out.

Old August 26th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool Documents

If you have reserved air through Holland America the documents will arrive about 21 days prior to the cruise. HAL usually doesn't cut air tickets until 30 days prior to travel.

If you are Cruise Only, HAL may cut your documents 6 weeks prior to sailing.

We ususally send our documents to cients via Priority Mail. If we are sending the documents to Canada, we will use International Global Express.

Many agencies use Federal Express or UPS. We do if we receive documents late from HAL. If the sailing is less than two weeks away, we send the docs overnight courier.

On rare occasions, we ask HAL to send documents directly to our client. HAL charges $25 per booking to do this. If you book late it is $25 well spent.

Old August 26th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

I got mine directly from HAL via DHL Delivery. They came a lot earlier than I anticipated.....early to mid July for a September 4th cruise.