Searching cruises on the website...

Cruise Junky

Has the US one also been changed to show who the captain is rather than the embarkation and disembarkation ports? It's driving me nuts. Apologies if this has already been addressed. It would be so helpful to see those two items. Don't really care about the captain.

So on that link, without doing an extra click on every cruise, I can't see where it starts or ends. I have to click into every single cruise for details. A 15 Night Christmas & New Year's cruise in the region of Asia tells me nothing until I click into it. Am I imagining it or is that new? I swear you used to be able to see where you would embark and disembark without extra clicks.

So on that link, without doing an extra click on every cruise, I can't see where it starts or ends. I have to click into every single cruise for details. A 15 Night Christmas & New Year's cruise in the region of Asia tells me nothing until I click into it. Am I imagining it or is that new? I swear you used to be able to see where you would embark and disembark without extra clicks.

You're not imagining it, there has been a redesign a couple weeks ago.

I'll pass along your two posts to our web gurus. I don't expect they'll change things as a result, but they will certainly consider your concerns for the next go-around.

Thank you for the feedback :)

You're not imagining it, there has been a redesign a couple weeks ago.

I'll pass along your two posts to our web gurus. I don't expect they'll change things as a result, but they will certainly consider your concerns for the next go-around.

Thank you for the feedback :)

Thank you!

What are your suggestions for improvement?

First thing I'm looking for is embarkation and disembarkation.

Do a search on Oceania and you can see starting and ending port and all the pertinant details. With only two ships, is Captain critical to the searching of cruises to anyone?

What are your suggestions for improvement?

Since you've probably already searched by region, that isn't very helpful. And with only two ships, that info and captain are secondary info. Ports of call and embarkation/disembarkation would strike me as primary areas of importance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since you've probably already searched by region, that isn't very helpful. And with only two ships, that info and captain are secondary info. Ports of call and embarkation/disembarkation would strike me as primary areas of importance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree... I trust that Azamara and other cruise line have hired qualified captains, and I don't care who's at the helm. Oceania and Regent have much better search systems.

Well I do like to know who is the Captain and also the HD and CD on my cruises. It is part of the Azamara unique experience to interact with the wonderful crew and it is always a factor for me when booking a cruise.

I have just had a look at the new cruise search function and it seems pretty easy to follow. If I have to click on two different pages to see the ports of call then it doesn't ruin my day! There are other far more urgent website problems that should be sorted out, in my opinion anyway. Like being able to see your whole booking easily and the ability to book shorex online using OBC. Just my thoughts...others may have different opinions.

I have to agree this change is a pain. I'm now missing essential details such as ports of embarkation etc ports of call etc. I am really disappointed with this change. Whose driving is never going to determine whether I book a cruise or not. Disappointed this minor bell seems to have been rung ahead of the much more essential whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I do like to know who is the Captain and also the HD and CD on my cruises. It is part of the Azamara unique experience to interact with the wonderful crew and it is always a factor for me when booking a cruise.

I have just had a look at the new cruise search function and it seems pretty easy to follow. If I have to click on two different pages to see the ports of call then it doesn't ruin my day! There are other far more urgent website problems that should be sorted out, in my opinion anyway. Like being able to see your whole booking easily and the ability to book shorex online using OBC. Just my thoughts...others may have different opinions.

For experienced Azamara cruisers, they may be interested in the officers onboard, but to someone researching Azamara for the first time, I can't see that it would matter very much to them. In fact, it would make me question whether certain captains should be avoided, if it was indeed so important that their names were listed. I realize not everyone's thoughts would go there, but mine did, when I first saw this change.

Recently I wanted to search for cruises that embarked/disembarked at certain ports, because a low-cost carrier in our area only flies to certain European cities. It requires a lot of time to find the Azamara cruises that fit the bill. I was able to do that much more easily and efficiently on Oceania's and Regent's websites.

I agree that other areas of website development are important, but before you can get to see your booking, or use your OBC, the cruise has to be booked. The currently system isn't as efficient as it could be, which could turn off some potential cruisers.

Edited by hiccups

I agree with what Lottie said above. Things on web site need to be by priority.

Kathy

I think listing the Captain is nice and reflects the personal nature of cruising with Azamara, but agree that embarkation and debarkation ports are necessary.

Another thing I notice is there is no longer an option to include an LCV number to get a price that may reflect any quarterly savings. Will those savings be going away?

I think listing the Captain is nice and reflects the personal nature of cruising with Azamara, but agree that embarkation and debarkation ports are necessary.

Another thing I notice is there is no longer an option to include an LCV number to get a price that may reflect any quarterly savings. Will those savings be going away?

You can still enter your LCV number if you click on "Book Now." I don't know if previously there was another way to find out the LCV discounts, though, as that's how I've always done it. I looked at the list in the newsletter, too, but I'm interested in finding out if those discounts continue--we were lucky that the cruise we wanted next year was eligible.

Recently I wanted to search for cruises that embarked/disembarked at certain ports, because a low-cost carrier in our area only flies to certain European cities. It requires a lot of time to find the Azamara cruises that fit the bill. I was able to do that much more easily and efficiently on Oceania's and Regent's websites.

I've found that the best cruise search engines are with the specialized cruise travel agencies. Not advocating booking with them, but I start my searches there, then research further with the cruise line once my selection is narrowed down.

That's how I found azamara for our upcoming Cuba cruise, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can still enter your LCV number if you click on "Book Now." I don't know if previously there was another way to find out the LCV discounts, though, as that's how I've always done it. I looked at the list in the newsletter, too, but I'm interested in finding out if those discounts continue--we were lucky that the cruise we wanted next year was eligible.

Ah, it was already loaded in the "Guests" tab. I was trying to check the price for our 2018 cruise, and it kept coming up $1.00 different from the original NON-LCV special price. Turns out the cruise has simply increased $1,000 more than when we booked. Pays to book early!

• 3 weeks later...

There is possibly no more thankless task than being on the web redesign team at any company. There is always some change that you think is pretty innocuous that people hate with a passion. Having said that, it feels that the web team here did not do as much research on usability as they might have before launching, and unfortunately, it is costing the company business. I can tell you that I booked fewer shore excursions than I might have because of the aggravation of not being able to use my OBC to pay.

Thank you Bonnie!! I can now see Embarkation and Disembarkation ports :)

Thank you, Cruise Junky, for bringing it to our attention! Your thread was the first we'd heard that guests missed the Embark/Disembark ports on the search. And in spite of voiced opinion, I don't believe we've lost business due to the omission these past few weeks. We are as busy as ever taking new bookings, thanks to all of you :hearteyes: