Cunard Gold Pin -

Guest Anorak33

Guest Anorak33

Hi

Is anyone able to tell me what years this little gold pin in its red bag was issued?

Its shown in the attached photo.

I was hoping to find another one and have them made into a pair of ear-rings (not for myself).

This is also what I was going to do with our platinum current issue WC pins but on closer examination each of ours seem to have been made by a different maker, or at least from different batches as they do not match.

One is shinier and more defined than the other, and also has more "gold" showing through here and there.

Even the black boxes they came in are of different dimensions.

goldpin.jpg.391799e61ead603aedf2d9d7c6fcfb8a.jpg

That's the design just before the new ones that came in with the four levels. I'd guess that it covers the previous five yeras. I have the platinum one, and I was glad to see it replaced, as I think it's too large.

There have always been variations. I had earrings made out of the old blue enamel pins, and it took a while to get a matching pair.

Kathy

Guest Anorak33

Thanks, you certainly have your finger on the memorabilia pulse.

Do they often turn up on Ebay? Or maybe there is another better place to look which you know about?

Maybe I could look for a pair of the "old" platinum ones as well?

Have you seen those on there?

I received my "monkey wid the nut" pin during my January 2003 QE2 cruise through the Panama Canal. I much prefer this gold World Club medal to what is currently in use. The new ones started being issued sometime between the time that I earned the old style one and rode the the QM2 in April 2004.

Hi

Is anyone able to tell me what years this little gold pin in its red bag was issued?

I was hoping to find another one and have them made into a pair of ear-rings (not for myself).

This is also what I was going to do with our platinum current issue WC pins but on closer examination each of ours seem to have been made by a different maker, or at least from different batches as they do not match.

One is shinier and more defined than the other, and also has more "gold" showing through here and there.

We got our gold pins in the little red bag in 2003.

• 6 years later...
Hi

Hi I have never recieved my silver pin or Gold Pin so it was nice to see ! How do I claim my pins or have they stopped giving out to passengers On Cunard ?

Hi I have never recieved my silver pin or Gold Pin so it was nice to see ! How do I claim my pins or have they stopped giving out to passengers On Cunard ?

They don't do Silver pins, depending on when you turned Gold you may get this on your next Cunard Voyage. If you have already done 3 or more voyages then go to see the CWC / Voyage Sales person next time you are on board a Cunard ship.

I obtained mine from the Cunard World Club rep on the QE in late June. I also got them to change my silver card for a gold card as the system at check in had not recognised my advancement (given that I had achieved the status a mere 24 hours prior).

My gold pin came in a little black drawstring bag with yellow draw strings and the red Cunard logo with gold colour for the symbol of the line.

The pin itself is red with gold colour trim and gold colour Cnard crest in the middle. It is shaped as a flag waving in the wind.

...why wouldn't Kittiera started a new post with his/her question, rather than resurrecting a post from six plus years ago??? :confused::confused::confused:
Its his/her 1st post on C.C so & he/she provably does not yet know how to start a new tread. Edited by zider

When you post your first message you are not normally a "Guest"

It's most confusing.

David.

David,

Note that you cannot click on his name and the number of posts is n/a (not appicable). I think this poster posed a good enough question that it was allowed to remain, but for some reason he is no longer a member of CC, so any identifying information has been removed.

Jeanne