Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old March 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Lhr terminal help

Does any one know what arrival terminal that American air and United air locate at LHR? For our May British cruise I used AA mileage and my husband used United to book our trip. We arrive few minutes apart, we have to figure out how to find each other. Thanks

Ad Sponsored By
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by retirepopo View Post
Does any one know what arrival terminal that American air and United air locate at LHR? For our May British cruise I used AA mileage and my husband used United to book our trip. We arrive few minutes apart, we have to figure out how to find each other. Thanks
We have flight booked with American for Sept. and they show terminal 3 at LHR. Do not know about United.

Old March 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
If you use this link:

http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh...s-and-airlines

and then select "United" in the search box for airline and then "go", you will be able to see which flights go into Terminal 1 and which go into Terminal 4.

Last edited by Happyboating; March 10th, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Old March 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Cool Cruiser

American will be T3, but make sure it is an American operated flight, not a BA operated one on a codeshare, which would be T5.

As our Happy Boater says, United will be T4 or T1 - they are moving around a bit because of the Continental merger - see http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh...ges&CMP=EWP728

T1 and T3 are in the same area at LHR and you can walk between. T4 is entirely separate and one of you would have to transfer after collecting your baggage (by free Heathrow Connect train is easiest). T5 is in a different place again, so same thing about a free transfer via (a different) Heathrow Connect.

I have added that detail in case you are not familiar with LHR. It is essentially three different airports sharing two runways :-)

Last edited by Cotswold Eagle; March 10th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Old March 10th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotswold Eagle View Post
American will be T3, but make sure it is an American operated flight, not a BA operated one on a codeshare, which would be T5.

As our Happy Boater says, United will be T4 or T1 - they are moving around a bit because of the Continental merger - see http://www.heathrowairport.com/fligh...ges&CMP=EWP728

T1 and T3 are in the same area at LHR and you can walk between. T4 is entirely separate and one of you would have to transfer after collecting your baggage (by free Heathrow Connect train is easiest). T5 is in a different place again, so same thing about a free transfer via (a different) Heathrow Connect.

I have added that detail in case you are not familiar with LHR. It is essentially three different airports sharing two runways :-)

Thank everyone for the information. Yes, AA is at T3 and United is at T1.
Since I only have carry on, it will be easy for me to walk to T1 and find him.
Thank again.

Old March 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Thank everyone for the information. Yes, AA is at T3 and United is at T1.
Since I only have carry on, it will be easy for me to walk to T1 and find him.
Thank again.
That works well then. For all its faults, Heathrow is pretty well signposted, and there are meeting points in each terminal.
http://www.heathrowairport.com/heath...meeting-points

Last edited by Cotswold Eagle; March 11th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

If you never been toHeatrow be prepared for the worst adventure you can emagine. Be very very early in arriving at the terminal.