Marseille- Calanque Tour or Friol Islands

emarismom

I am debating between going on boat tour of the Calanques with a top to swim for 40 euro per person for approximately 2 1/2 hours or taking the Ferry to Frioul islands for the day. Will I see some calanques if we visit the Frioul Islands? Is it worth a visit or would it be better to do the boat tour?

Edited by emarismom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michelle,

I found the tour you were looking at. It's E19 less than the one I had been checking out. That's a big savings! The only difference I see is that the Bleu Evasion does 2 swim stops (1 in the water and 1 in a cave). The other gets good reviews though so I will probably go with saving some money.

Deevmo,

The website is: http://turquoise-calanques.com/en/

Anyone has any experience with Bleu evasion?

How many people are on Turquoise Calanques boats?

I don't have any experience yet but the reviews on TripAdvisor for both companies are very good.

The Bleu Evasion boats hold 10 and the Turquoise hold 12. The one thing that has really swayed me to Turquoise is that they have a bathroom and fresh-water shower for after your swim. The Bleu Evasion boat is more a speedboat and the other is bigger with more facilities.

Here is the email reply I received.

We received your request for a trip in the calanques on 12th of June 2016 for 4 people in the morning.

You will be always at the most twelve on our boat.

For this day, we can propose you The Out-Rage (We send you a picture of this boat on attached file).

The Out-Rage, a 36 foot boat , 12 passengers, which provides you with all the confort you'll need:

- a swimming ladder,

- two long chairs,

- fresh water shower,

- large table for lunch,

- snorkeling Equipment,

- sound system,

- big cool box,

- toilet on board.

All our departures and arrivals take place in the Vieux-Port of Marseille.

In the morning trip, we embark at this address: 166 Quai du Port (the point B on the map attached to this mail).

During your trip, you will stop near the calanques (Morgiou, Sormiou or Sugiton) and have the opportunity to swim from the boat. Our well english speaking pilot will share with you his knowledge of our wonderfull coastlines.

Our usual offers are :

The morning trip (from 9:30 p.m to 12:30 p.m) : 40 € per adult / 35 € per children under 12 years

This cost include the sailer, soft drink, mask palms and diving materials, fuel.

We accept credit card on board.

We usually ask for a 30 % advance, so an advance of 45 €. Our bank informations are attached to this mail.

Hi Trvlgirlmq,

I emailed them and received the same response. I am 90% sure that is what I will decide to do. I'm waiting to see if my mom wants to do it too, so I can book for both of us. Did you look into how we get there from the cruise ship?

I like that there is a ladder to get into and out of the water.

Hi Trvlgirlmq,

I emailed them and received the same response. I am 90% sure that is what I will decide to do. I'm waiting to see if my mom wants to do it too, so I can book for both of us. Did you look into how we get there from the cruise ship?

I like that there is a ladder to get into and out of the water.

We plan on taking the free shuttle to the Vieux Port area where all the tour/ferry boats are located. There is a thread here from someone who posted about the shuttle and included pictures and instructions. I printed a copy!

I think we will probably go with Bleu Evasion. I don't want the hassle of going to the bank and paying to wire such a small deposit.

I am having a tough time with the bleu evasions website. Nothing specific about times or anything and it doesn't want to translate. I would be interested in a half day tour as described above, since there are places in the old port I want to go.

Did you find the little British flag about half way down the main page? The times were listed under Prices which is located on the left side and another little window opened and this is what it has:

Main prices of Calanques Classical Trips.

Individual booking on all boats (high season) :

Morning(9h30-12h30) 59e- Afternoon(14h-18h30)83e

- Marseille by Night and (tuesday and friday night only) 1h30 duration 36e

4-years child and less for free/ 10 years child and less half-price

Private rental of the boat with skipper.

WALIS, KIWIS, LOONIS, SUNRISE, SUNSET : the motor boats (8/10/12 pers)

- Morning & last bath (9h30-12h30/ 19h-22h) 399e(8p) /499e(10p) /569e(12p)

- Afternoon (14h-18h30) 619e(8p) /749e(10p) /869e(12p)

- Full day (9h30-18h30) + picnic offered 799e(8p) /969e(10p) /1119(12p)

GRENADINE, the catamaran (up to 18 pers)

- Day (10h00-17h00) 2200e

Marseille By Night: look at the special sheet

FOR PACKS AND ATTRACTIONS CONTENT, DOWNLOAD THE SHEETS (mid-season prices of -20 to 50%!)

You can book online also with credit card payment.

I haven't checked back on this thread for a while. Turquoise Calanques is the company that charges 40 euro per person. It looks like a decent tour. I am still debating as to whether or not to do this or the Frioul Islands. The islands are less expensive and we have more flexibility. Decisions.

Spoke to my son about these tours and we have decided to stick with what we so enjoyed the last time and just go to the old port. We can go to Chateua d'If or back to Notre Dame de la Garde from there and we had a blast shopping last time as well as having a fantastic lunch at a sidewalk cafe on the water.

We are trying to not do so many organized tours and just take in the area in as many of our ports as we can. Maybe next time we will go to the Calanques.

Have fun every one!