Soda package - is it cheaper to buy in advance?

Coz if it is I will be rather cross as I have been trying to buy one for weeks for our T/A on Indy in April and there is a problem with the website and it wont let me book it.:(

If there is a price difference by booking ahead, I suspect RCI wont honour the difference due to their website being broken (even though they know about it and have been trying to fix it for 'weeks')

Additionally, I am a saddo because I do not like the sticker, I prefer the coke symbol printed on the card as it doesnt get wet and nasty and fall off. We always keep our sea pass cards & this one wont match !! ;)

Does anyone know if there is a price difference between buying onboard and buying in advance ?

thanks for your helpful responses

jean :)

Jean great minds think alike!!

See my post below yours, I think prices are changing due to the exchange rate which has got worse for UK cruisers in last week.

Or could be RCI increasing prices? I will continue to look and see.

I tend to buy the soda and wine package in advance so as to spread the cost, also easier for me to do in April when I get my work bonus!

Gillian

The soda packages are the same price onboard the ship as they are ahead of time. Did you call royal caribbean to see if they could complete the purchase for you? We use a TA every once in a while and I have been able to purchase my water package by calling Royal even though I had a TA. They wouldn't let me pre pay my gratuities thru them, I had to all the TA but they let me buy any gifts and gear or water package on the phone. Worth a try I guess

Jean great minds think alike!!

See my post below yours, I think prices are changing due to the exchange rate which has got worse for UK cruisers in last week.

Or could be RCI increasing prices? I will continue to look and see.

I tend to buy the soda and wine package in advance so as to spread the cost, also easier for me to do in April when I get my work bonus!

Gillian

Hi Gillian,

Thats exactly what I do ! Also - if we buy stuff like that onboard, my DH notices the cost and moans ...if I buy in advance it gets lost in our other credit card charges ...tee hee ;)

The soda packages are the same price onboard the ship as they are ahead of time. Did you call royal caribbean to see if they could complete the purchase for you? We use a TA every once in a while and I have been able to purchase my water package by calling Royal even though I had a TA. They wouldn't let me pre pay my gratuities thru them, I had to all the TA but they let me buy any gifts and gear or water package on the phone. Worth a try I guess

Hi,

yes, I tried that and the rep said she could only see what I saw and as I couldnt access the package, nor could she. I did think it was a bit strange they couldnt do it, maybe I could call again and ask a different rep.

Thanks for the advice :)

As in the UK it looks like we pay in pounds if pre book and then in dollars on board which then gets converted to pounds via credit card there may be a difference.

Some one with more time would need to work out the exact differentials and permutations, but unless you are buying lots of wine or alcohol packages or soda cards for a family of 10, then the difference may not be worth stressing over in the overall scheme of the holiday!?

Will try and record the differences in prices as time goes on before we sail in July.

Gillian.

You Lucky North Americans have no Idea how RCI is trying to stitch up overseas cruisers!

You all got a small taste of it yesterday when they accidentally tried to charged you what we have to pay, but by mistake! Pesky Computers DOH!

You Lucky North Americans have no Idea how RCI is trying to stitch up overseas cruisers!

You all got a small taste of it yesterday when they accidentally tried to charged you what we have to pay, but by mistake! Pesky Computers DOH!

We lucky British people know exactly what the price differences are between the US & UK sites ;)

AND all the other brilliant 'perks' that our US friends get, for example; price drop refunds, no loss of deposit when cancelling a cruise ... but thats just the way it is :(

Archived