disembarking Journey

noodlehouser

New to Azamara...is it an option to keep your luggage and take it with you in order to disembark asap? Sailing 13 August on Journey returning to Stockholm on 23 August. Have private taxi set up to get us...but we need to be in it at 8 am? Thanks.

New to Azamara...is it an option to keep your luggage and take it with you in order to disembark asap? Sailing 13 August on Journey returning to Stockholm on 23 August. Have private taxi set up to get us...but we need to be in it at 8 am? Thanks.

Self disembarking is possible - and you do not need to specify the time so long as it is after the time disembarkation has started.

Yes, it is, so long as the ship has cleared customs and immigration by then. We will be disembarking at 10:30pm on the last evening on our cruise which gets to Dubai the day before disembarkation. We were told this was fine so long as we notify Guest Relations when we board. You just keep your luggage in your cabin, rather than put it out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello Host Grandma Cruising,

We are on the October Athens/Dubai sailing together and I will also be departing Journey that last evening. By any chance are you also on the 2:15am BA flight to London? If so, what transportation arrangements have you made to the airport? Maybe we can share. Look forward to meeting you.

Andrea

Yes we are on that flight. Good idea to share transport. We had decided to try to book transport beforehand - maybe book during September. Have you any experience of booking transport in Dubai? We haven't because the last time we were here we had booked through a TA who organised our transfer for us.

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Hello Host Grandma Cruising. I have not, but was going to try to look into this September following my daughter's wedding. I was going to see if Azamara has any suggestions. I agree that going together makes sense. I will share what I learn.

Andrea

Hello Host Grandma Cruising. I have not, but was going to try to look into this September following my daughter's wedding. I was going to see if Azamara has any suggestions. I agree that going together makes sense. I will share what I learn.

Andrea

OK, we will do likewise.

Suggest that you arrange your transfer with the Azamara concierge if you plan to catch an early morning flight in Dubai. There won't be many cabs available at that hour.

• 4 months later...

Hello - also doing the same thing leaving on the early morning (10/31) flight to LHR. Other than arranging transport, does one have to pre-clear/pre-authorize this early disembarkation with any department and/or person at Azamara or RCCL *in advance of sailing*? Thank you and happy to share transport as well if that helps.

We’re back now. There were lots of taxis available at Dubai. I had a chat with the concierge onboard and she said that they would let Dubai port know that there were quite a few passengers getting off latish at night, so they could make sure there were plenty of taxis. When we told Customer Relations we were getting off well before the formal disembarkation time, they asked us to complete a form and return it to them, which we did.