How much luggage allowed on Alaska cruisetour?

Moxiefurball

While on the land part of the tour, each person may have one normal suitcase that will be transported from one lodge to the next. These suitcases may be trucked separately and may not arrive at the same time you do.In addition, a small carryon is allowed on the transportation between the lodges.

Any additional luggage will leave the ship and next be seen at your final hotel/lodge so you will have it for the trip home. I am not sure if that is limited to one suitcase/person or not.

We just did Alaska Northbound cruise followed by 4 day land tour in June. Yes, you are limited on carry on size on the train and bus portions. But... one of our carryons was a little too large to manage and we tagged it and they moved it between lodges with our other cases- no problem!!

We have done Alaska cruisetours the last two years. My husband and I each have a larger rolling back pack and they were kind enough to open up the bottom of the bus for us and a couple of other folks to stash these larger bags. On the train, it was tight but both fit under the train seat lengthwise. We were asked when we boarded if we wanted staff to find a place for our carryons, so that is also an option if you have a larger carryon bag.

We each had a larger suitcase that followed us from lodge to lodge. We didn't have any additional luggage beyond that but others were offered extra tags for their "meet me later" bags which indicated to me that they allow multiple bags to be transported.