US customs at Toronto

Suzanne123

I'm assuming that I will need to go through US customs or immigration or whatever on a flight from Canada to the US, so do I need to allow for a longer layover time on my post-cruise flight from Quebec that stops in Toronto? Does my Global Entry help at all?

Thanks.

Yes. You have to pick up your bags. Then go to immigration, and then you drop your bag off again. If you want a buffer, give yourself 2 hrs between flights

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

You aren't actually correct. When you disembark the flight in Toronto. You go strait to the US Customs area. There is a large board that lists passenger names and flights. Once your name is up , you proceed directly to US Custom and Immigration. Global entry and Nexus has a separate line. You'll go thru airport security again. This is something I don't care for.

We used this system a year ago when going to Fort Lauderdale from Vancouver. A similar system is setup for international flights.

Both Vancouver and Calgary similar but different. I my opinion much better.

We went through it on Monday, 7/18/17, returning from LHR to BNA. We have GE. We did not have to pick up bags in Toronto. However, I got flagged, random I guessed, and had to wait until my name appeared on the board. We then entered next GE line and cleared customs then security. No Prepass or GE for security . All go through the same drill, off with the shoes, belts, et.al.

Two hours should be safe, wouldn't push anything less.

We went through it on Monday, 7/18/17, returning from LHR to BNA. We have GE. We did not have to pick up bags in Toronto. However, I got flagged, random I guessed, and had to wait until my name appeared on the board. We then entered next GE line and cleared customs then security. No Prepass or GE for security . All go through the same drill, off with the shoes, belts, et.al.

In Toronto all connections to the US or international have to go thru the large board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The name on the board is based on under which name is on the baggage bag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this for one of the "12 Boeing 767" you think Westjet owns? ;p

If you don't have checked baggage you go direct into the customs line. If you have checked baggage you have to wait until your name appears on big board. That happens once the bags is photographed on the belt system. That way when you get to the customs agent a photo of you bag is displayed.