Wheel Chair or Scooter for Celebrity Century Hawaii

Brerpossum

The DW had back surgery in September for a ruptured disk that pinched a nerve and caused weakness in her left leg. We do have an accessible room booked. I have talked to special needs with Celebrity and have a wheel chair for the cruise. I am now wondering if I should rent a scooter for the cruise instead of the wheel chair. DW is currently on a walker and at times can use a cane.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Jerry

A good resource would be your wife's physical therapist.

A very good answer. I am going to talk with them Monday morning and am thinking about asking for more "physical therapy".

We have been on this cruise on the Mercury (2009) and again on the Century (2011). This cruise is to be a get away and hopefully lots of R & R.

Jerry

Just remember you can not take scooters on tenders. So if any of your ports are tender ports you can't use the scooter that day.

Oh yea, well aware of that one, but hopefully with her walker we could, or she could just enjoy a nice day at the Spa.

Oh yea, well aware of that one, but hopefully with her walker we could, or she could just enjoy a nice day at the Spa.

Recently on Royal, if you were able to do the steps down, they would put the scooter onboard the tender -- tipping I am sure helped and at an off time. To be in Hawaii and not able to tender would be a heartbreak. Do not give up so easily -- it is possible.

Archived