QM2 in Boston Today

judy&steve

Thanks Judy....I think our sailing companions were going in to see her again today...what a lovely day it is in Boston.

Here's another webcam to try out...you really have to play with it but you can find her sticking up above the pier building if you move the camera around and then use the long right slider to focus in on her. click on the little box diagonally off the lower right corner of the view screen to gain control of the camera...you have to fiddle a bit with it.

And a smiley face on the bow??? HUH???:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Yesterday the QM2 was in Newport. What an Excellent view I had of the ship but would you believe that I missed hearing the blast of the horn at it's departure:( . Oh well who said the day was going to be perfect..

An excellent 42 days and counting .. Barry

P.S. Hi Penny :)

Yesterday the QM2 was in Newport. What an Excellent view I had of the ship but would you believe that I missed hearing the blast of the horn at it's departure:( . Oh well who said the day was going to be perfect..

An excellent 42 days and counting .. Barry

P.S. Hi Penny :)

Pardon the interruption, but is 476 Thames your street address by any chance?

We told our boy who goes to school up in Bristol about QM2's visit, and he said he would try to go, but no idea if he made it.

Pardon the interruption, but is 476 Thames your street address by any chance?

We told our boy who goes to school up in Bristol about QM2's visit, and he said he would try to go, but no idea if he made it.

Didn't someone post here that that is the address of the Red Parrot? Or am I mistaken (Wouldn't be the first time!)

Karie

Didn't someone post here that that is the address of the Red Parrot? Or am I mistaken (Wouldn't be the first time!)

Karie

Please don't tell me that we have a red parrot as well as an orange cat!:mad: :mad:

David

Karie

The Red Parrot's address is 348 Thames.

It was a bit on the brisk side this afternoon at Black Falcon. The Carnival Victory eventually arrived and tied up between the Majesty and the QM2.

Went up to attend an afternoon cocktail party.... which was quite nice.

And NO, it wasn't on the QM2. But, the parent corp did a very nice job.......and they weren't pouring the dreaded Pol either!

The Red Parrot's address is 348 Thames.

It was a bit on the brisk side this afternoon at Black Falcon. The Carnival Victory eventually arrived and tied up between the Majesty and the QM2.

Went up to attend an afternoon cocktail party.... which was quite nice.

And NO, it wasn't on the QM2. But, the parent corp did a very nice job.......and they weren't pouring the dreaded Pol either!

I did follow along with the webcams and saw the Victory suddenly get in the middle of the first two.

Is Boston big enough for all three? Yikes!

I did follow along with the webcams and saw the Victory suddenly get in the middle of the first two.

Is Boston big enough for all three? Yikes!

It's one very long walk.. from the start of the terminal down to the QM2.

After 9/11.. we had 12 ships in the following weekend.. including Caronia and the QE2. (that was QE2's bomb scare weekend).

"It's one very long walk.. from the start of the terminal down to the QM2."

It does look long - we'll be there next year - how far is it to get into the city? We are both fit walkers - but it a cab needed?

"It's one very long walk.. from the start of the terminal down to the QM2."

It does look long - we'll be there next year - how far is it to get into the city? We are both fit walkers - but it a cab needed?

When we were in Boston with QE2 there was a shuttle bus put on from the ship to the city centre. No cab required!

Matthew

Archived