Venice Water Navigation Question

indigosails

Hi,

I am getting myself familiar with the water taxi system in Venice. I can see that the 4.1 or 5.1 bus will take me between Piazzale Roma and St. Mark's Square, and I have located the proper "terminals." But which direction do the boats go? I'm assuming they all go one direction? Does it even matter?

I guess what I'm really trying to discern is--if the 4.1/5.1 boats all go clockwise around--is it more "scenic" to make our way to SMSq on foot and water back to the ship, or do the opposite: take the water bus to SMSq and meander back to the ship.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am getting myself familiar with the water taxi system in Venice. I can see that the 4.1 or 5.1 bus will take me between Piazzale Roma and St. Mark's Square, and I have located the proper "terminals." But which direction do the boats go? I'm assuming they all go one direction? Does it even matter?

I guess what I'm really trying to discern is--if the 4.1/5.1 boats all go clockwise around--is it more "scenic" to make our way to SMSq on foot and water back to the ship, or do the opposite: take the water bus to SMSq and meander back to the ship.

Thank you.

Why not make the round trip with a stop in the middle? That way you can decide what is more scenic. BTW the walk back to the ship is long, and if you are there in the summer it is also a very hot walk. Make sure to take water.

Edited by zqvol