Venice to Cruise Port

Beth2718

We are going to be cruising out of Venice, July 4th but going into Venice a few days early. I can find everything on getting to Venice from airport or airport to cruise port but can't seem to get a clear understanding of getting from Venice to the cruise port. Since we don't know which berth the ship will be docked in, I don't really see on maps or any sites where the water taxis dock at the port and how far it is to get to any one given ship and if there is transportation or just a long walk.

You want to go to the pier from WHERE in Venice ???

Since we don't know that, I'll try this from a different angle. I assume you're arriving to Venice by air, so you'll probably take a bus or taxi into Venice which will drop you at Piazzale Roma.

So.... when you're ready to go to the pier, just make your way back to Piazzale Roma and take a cab to the pier, about a 5 minute drive. Or if you can easily manage your luggage ... at the PRoma you can take the People Mover ( monorail) to the pier ( 1.2E for 3 minute ride). It can be a 7-10 minute walk from the People Mover exit to your ship depending on where it is berthed. Ask your cruiseline which berth. Then find it on the attached map. The People Mover exit is near the green loop at the top of the page.

http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

The apartment we have rented says when taking the water taxi to our lodging, get off at the Rialto water taxi stop. Would it be better to get to where the taxis take you to the port?

A water taxi is certainly a great way to arrive, but costly ... about 110E from the airport to Rialto. If that's in your budget, great. Otherwise the airport express bus is 7E pp to Piazzale Roma. A 20 minute ride.

I've only taken the ATVO express bus or local bus to PRoma. On our first visit we had an apt halfway between Rialto and St Marks .... we took the Atvo to PRoma, then walked a block to the Grand Canal, and hopped on a water bus to Rialto (we had multi day pass).

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

We are going to be cruising out of Venice, July 4th but going into Venice a few days early. I can find everything on getting to Venice from airport or airport to cruise port but can't seem to get a clear understanding of getting from Venice to the cruise port. Since we don't know which berth the ship will be docked in, I don't really see on maps or any sites where the water taxis dock at the port and how far it is to get to any one given ship and if there is transportation or just a long walk.

If all else fails, your hotel staff should be able to assist you in getting transportation to the cruise port.