Angeltoursrome

Degas

Tyleen - you might want to go to the Rome forum on TripAdvisor.com and do a search for Angel Tours. There has been a lot of discussion about this company. Some good - some bad from those that have used them first-hand.

We have booked them in October. There is lots of info on Trip Advisor on their company. I would have to say that most of the reports are very positive w/ few negatives. I'll be happy to post a report when we return. When are you going to be in Rome? Perhaps you will be there b4 we are & you can post the report.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
We jut used them for the Vatican and Colosseum/Roman Forum tour. They were excellent and different from traditional tours - they focused on little known facts and made the tours very entertaining. Two thumbs up for this group!

I e-mailed Angel Tours yesterday, got an immediate autoreply with some details, but now waiting for a reply to our specific questions.

Vacationhappy,

How many people were there in your "Colosseum/Roman Forum tour"? Did you meet them at the 09:00 a.m. slot or 04:00 p.m. slot? According to the autoreply, this tour would be for about 2 hours....

We are interested in the "Vatican/Sistine Chapel 3 hour tour", which meets at noon. We are actually also interested in the "Heart of Rome 2.5 hour tour" but it will only meet at 06:00 p.m! This will be my 4th time in Rome, 2nd time for my daughter, but first time for DH. Therefore, we would like a comprehensive tour with a licensed tour guide!

We might also hire a traditional driver-guide service in addition to these license guides to pick us up/drop us off from the Livorno port, and take us around Rome to other places we wish to make a short stop at...BTW, how did you get to Rome from Livorno (assuming it was from Livorno)?

Thanks!

We met them at 9:00AM and there wer 12 people in the group. At 9:00 there were no lines/or crowds and it was cooler. We were in Rome pre-cruise for three days so transportation was not a problem for us. We went to the Vatican the first day and then to the Colosseum the next day. We were suprised that the same group from the Vatican all showed up the next day for the Colosseum tour.

The same guide who did the 9:00 tour also did the 12:00 tour at the Vatican so you could do the tours back-to-back if you wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Angel Tours four days ago, but never received a reply...

Do you have to obtain a Vatican ticket, too, in order to meet the 12 pm Angel Tour group? If so, how does that work with having to stand in line to buy a ticket? Or, do you buy an advance ticket specifically for 12 pm?

Nina

I sent Angel Tours another note (clicked on CONTACT at their website) but still haven't gotten a response....

If we're thinking about doing their 12 pm tour (I assume there is one?) and also want to do the Scavi tour that day, would a 10 am Scavi tour be about right to get us to the Angel Tours tour on time and give us enough time to buy our Vatican ticket?

Nina

Archived