How do I get from the airport to my hotel in Venice??

metawnny

Hi Everyone,

I have been researching like crazy and can not quite get our transfers figured out in Venice. How do we get from the airprot to the hotel with all of our luggage and the wheelchair (my husband can not walk or be transfered out of the chair). I see the vaperrato is accessible but can you carry the luggage on board? Are there any accessible water taxi's? We have a group of 10 people (1 in the wheelchair) and all of our luggage. We will most likely be staying at the Hilton Stucky Molino on Giudecca.

On another note I did speak with a so called travel agent that specialized in accessible travel in Italy and he wanted to charge me close to $1400 per person for transfers to and from the airport and 3 nights stay in the hotel!! I guess the pickpocketing is already starting : )

I did not see any accessible water taxi's while we were in Venice. I used the vaparetto easily but did not have the luggage with us. We used the ship's transfers and hotel which did decrease the hassle factor.

With my mobility problems we decided to stay in Mestre, the mainland....rather than staying on the island of Venice. That way we could take land taxis from the airport and to the ship.

With my mobility problems we decided to stay in Mestre, the mainland....rather than staying on the island of Venice. That way we could take land taxis from the airport and to the ship.

I had considered staying inland but we have points for free rooms at Hilton. If I can't figure out the transportation though, I will be staying inland.

Does anyone know if the Alilangua has wheelchair accessible taxi's? It looks like they have a route from the airport to the hotel that is relatively inexpensive. Has anyone used them?

I had considered staying inland but we have points for free rooms at Hilton. If I can't figure out the transportation though, I will be staying inland.

Does anyone know if the Alilangua has wheelchair accessible taxi's? It looks like they have a route from the airport to the hotel that is relatively inexpensive. Has anyone used them?

You might also check to see if your hotel has an elevator. Most of the older hotels do not have them, or they are very small.

My hubby uses a wheelchair and I'm not even going to attempt it !! We are going to stay in Mestre........... :(

PS - Be careful about the elevators - most buildings don't have them, and there are tons of steps they "forget" to tell you about.

My hubby uses a wheelchair and I'm not even going to attempt it !! We are going to stay in Mestre........... :(

Where is your guys' sense of adventure :D.

I am still working on getting info but I did e-mail some people off of trip advisor that stated that they use a wheelchair and stayed in Venice. I hope I can get some good info and tips from them.

There are a lot of bridges to navigate in Venice if you are pushing a wheelchair and pulling your luggage as well. If you have fit people traveling with you it is probably possible. But, we were not that lucky so staying in Mestre was a no brainer for us.

We used Venice-Limo from airport to hotel and hotel to ship.

Also used the train into Venice, a 5 minute ride.

• 2 weeks later...

The following is all the information I have gathered because I had the same question. I hope it helps. Two of these emails were from the concierge at the Hilton Hotel Stucky

The best way to reach the hotel is taking a private watertaxi that takes you directly to the hotel in 30 minutes. Can you walk?

Because if you can get on board on the watertaxi without the scooter the cost is 100 euro, but if not we have to book a special one with the elevator to allow you to get on board on the scooter and the cost is 140

Alternatively we can book a private transfer with a hostess waiting for you with a sign displaying your name that accompany you to take the private watertaxi to reach the hotel

the cost is 210 euro for 2 persons.

From the hotel to the ship the best way is taking a private watertaxi that takes you directly to the ship The cost for a normal watertaxi is 60 euro up to 4 people the watertaxi with the elevator costs euro 90.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards

from the airport you can take the Alilaguna the public waterbus that takes 1h30 minutes the ticket costs 15 euro per person.You reach s.Mark square or Zattere andf rom there you can take the Hilton free shuttle boat to reach the hotel or the public waterbus .

The check out is 12 am. You can store your luggage in our storage and pick up later when you have to leave the hotel.

Best regards,

Federica Marchiori

Concierge

Hilton Molino Stucky, Venice

Giudecca, 810

30133 Venezia, Italy

Direct line: +39 041 2723541

Tel: +39 041 2723311

Fax: +39 041 2723490

email: concierge.venice@hilton.com

www.hilton.com/venice

When I sent the hotel a link to this thread, the manager called to be sure that all our questions were answered. So based on the service before we arrive in Venice, I think we're all in for a treat staying at the Hilton Molino Stucky.

The first tip that I think will be most helpful is that this Hilton has a microsite that has more info than the main Hilton site.

http://molinostuckyhilton.com/index.php

And the direct link to transportation information is http://molinostuckyhilton.com/transf...p#contentRight.

The Hilton shuttle boat schedule is also on the microsite.

Hotel to ship

Private water taxi from hotel to ship is 60 Euros for 4 passengers. This is cheaper than a water taxi from the St. Mark's Square area because the Guidecca island is closer to the cruise ship terminal. I know from personal experience that after arriving by water taxi at the dock, the ship's employees are waiting for you and your luggage, and this is a very easy option (we’ve been fortunate to have sailed from Venice several times). The hotel will book the water taxi for you in advance. And when I've stayed in hotels Venice in the past, they will at least try to find someone to split the cost if you can't find someone in advance on your roll call.

Tronchetto is the Alilaguna public water bus stop for the cruise ships. But the manager recommended against this option for most cruise passengers because after you arrive at the Tronchetto stop, you have to walk to the cruise ships. He said that considering the fact that you have to follow the road, you would likely want to take a land taxi from the Tronchetto stop to the ship. The hotel needs to book that in advance to ensure that you are able to get a taxi. He said that if you can find someone to share a water taxi, it's not much more (15 Euros per person via private water taxi vs. approx 10 Euros per person via Alilaguna + water taxi).

Airport to hotel

Private water taxi from airport to hotel is 100 Euros (see note above about location of the Guidecca island) for 4 passengers. Some water taxis may impose a fee of 8 Euros for each extra passenger. The water taxis are located near the airport exit (you have to walk a little further to Alilaguna).

The last Alilaguna public water boat to the Hilton Molino Stucky leaves the airport at 7:15 p.m. (19:15). The information on the Alilaguna site has not been updated, so the most current and accurate timetable is on the Hilton Molino Stucky microsite (see link above). This option takes 1.5 hours as compared to a half hour for the private water taxi.

Here's a link to the roll call threads to trade messages with others from your sailing before your trip: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34. And you can possibly find others to share the cost of a water taxi there.

The hotel does not know of any luggage storage facilities in the St. Mark’s Square area, so you would need to return to the hotel to collect any luggage that you leave during the day while you are sightseeing before boarding the ship.

On a personal note, I’ve spent 46 days in Venice and have made the mistake of trying to take luggage on the vaporettos (will not do that again). Just my opinion, but this is one area where you may want to splurge and do it the easy way by water taxi. And if you can find someone to split the cost, the water taxis are not much more expensive and way more convenient. I don't know how to put a price on this, but it's just fun and very scenic to ride the water taxis, so that's quite a treat. Seeing the sights of Venice from this perspective is not the same as seeing it 10 stories up from a cruise ship deck. And after you arrive on a long international flight, you're really tired, so that's a consideration too. Luggage on the Alilaguna public water buses (not the same boats as the vaporettos) is not an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

When we had to go to the airport from our hotel near San Marco, we had to pay 100Euros for a private water taxi, and the airport is quite a hike from where the water taxi let us off. We had to leave the hotel at 4am to make the 7am flight.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived