Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

Hey I jsut made the strawberry bisque.

It's amazing. I loved it on the cruise and I love it homemade. never exactly the same but still just delicious. I have had more than 3 servings of it a day for the past few days. It makes a good sitting around treat. HOORAY. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait until the next time I cruise to have it.

I would love to see the recipe for the teriyaki ribs. DH and I had these on the Inspiration a few weeks ago and practically licked our plates clean!

I bought some jarred teriyaki sauce, but it doesn't even come close! Blech!

• 1 month later...

You know what I saw for the first time on the Victory? A bing cherry soup or bisque. It was great. For those of you who have never had it, there was a chocolate melting cake that even my son and his friend wanted. Has anyone had that?

You know what I saw for the first time on the Victory? A bing cherry soup or bisque. It was great. For those of you who have never had it, there was a chocolate melting cake that even my son and his friend wanted. Has anyone had that?

I haven't seen the bing cherry soup, but I hope I do on my next one! I'd love to try it. The fruit soups are always some of my favorites.

I *love* the chocolate melting cake, too. Had it twice on the last cruise and look forward to having it again on the next one.

Last year on the Liberty, they had a lavender souffle one night. Has anyone else ever had that or even seen it on the menu? It was divine!

I just wanted to let everyone know that i got the first book of Carnival Creations and if anyone is looking for a recipes PLEASE let me know!! I want to restart this thread so if you have any requests please feel free to reply me. You name it, I might have it.

Pineapplegal

I just wanted to let everyone know that i got the first book of Carnival Creations and if anyone is looking for a recipes PLEASE let me know!! I want to restart this thread so if you have any requests please feel free to reply me. You name it, I might have it.

Pineapplegal

Thanks! I'm still looking for the Penne pasta in a tomato cream sauce with Vodka. I have found similar recipes, while they are good, they are not as good as Carnivals.

Thanks! I'm still looking for the Penne pasta in a tomato cream sauce with Vodka. I have found similar recipes, while they are good, they are not as good as Carnivals.

Serves 6

1 Lb Uncooked Penne Pasta

1/2 Cup Whipping Cream

1 1/4 Cups Basic Tomato Sauce

1/4 Cup Stolichnaya Vodka

1 oz. Caviar

2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley

Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.

In medium saucepan heat cream over medium heat until reduced by half. Stir in tomato sauce; simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Combine pasta with tomato cream sauce; stir in vodka and caviar. Serve in individual pasta bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan Cheese.

Is that what you were looking for? Let me know.

I have attached files of the Recipe Index, please take look and decide on what recipe you want. Hope it works, please let me know if it didn't work.

The attachment worked, but I don't know if it's me or the resolution, but I can't read it. Do you have the recipe for tiramisu? Thanks for all you have listed thus far!!

Does the chocolate melting cake recipe exist? That is delicious!!

Yes it does, and I had it and now, cant find it. I found out how to get it from one of the carnival chef's on the night of the gala buffet. He was trying to sell some of the carnival cookbooks, and I asked him if the chocolate melting cake receipe was in there. He said no that it wasn't but that if I ask my waitress, she could get a copy for me.

If I find my copy, I will definately post it here. This may be a good place to guarantee that it does not get lost. If anybody else is going soon on a cruise, please ask your waitor from a copy and then post it if I haven't.

For those of you who haven't had it, try it. It was great!

2 items that really stood out on our last cruise were the coffee(mocha?) flavor napoleon and a pepper pot soup that had cilantro in it (a warm soup)

any chance someone has these recipes????

Marsha

Caribbean Pepper Pot Soup

Serves 6

2 TBSP Vegetable Oil

1 Cup chopped onion

1 teaspoon minced garlic

3 cups sliced okra

1 cup chopped red pepper

1 cup choped green pepper

1 cup diced potatoes

1 cup diced yams

1 cup quartered and sliced plantain

6 cups chicken stock

1 cup unsweetened coconut milk

Spaetzle

1/2 lb flour

1/2 cup water

1 egg

1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley

2 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Directions:

Heat oil in Dutch oil; add onions and garlic. Cook until tender. Add okra, red and green peppers, potatoes, yams and plantain. Saute until lightly browned. Add stock and coconut milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 to 3 hours or until soup thickens. Season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, for Spaetzle, combine flour, water, egg and parsley to form a smooth dough. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Pass dough through a spaetzle mill or colander with large holes. Cook about 3 minutes or until cooked through. Drain; rinse with cold water.

Add Spaetzle to soup. Garnish with Cilantro.

HOPE THIS IS WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR.

GOOD LUCK!!

flavor napoleon

Napoleon

Serves 16

1 lb. Puff pastry dough

2 Vanilla Pastry Cream (Vanilla Pudding is very similar)

1/4 cup whipping cream, Whipped

1 cup Fondant

1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

Strawberry sauce (Take cup strawberries with sugar in a pot and cook till it becomes a sauce)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. On lightly floured board roll out puff pastry to 17x24 inch rectangle. Let rest 30 minutes. Cut into 4 sheets. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets; prick with a fork. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut each into 12 pieces.

In a large bowl fold whipping cream into vanilla pastry cream. For each dessert use 3 pices of pastry. Pipe pastry cream mixture between layers. for top layer, heat fondant in double boiler to 110 degrees. Pour over tops of Napoleons. Pipe thin lines of melted chocolat over fondant; pull wooden pick through chocolate for decoration. Store in refrigerator. Serve with strawberry sauce.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

GOOD LUCK!!

Do you have the recipe for a coffee desert? I am sorry I do not remember the name or even what it looked like. My friend loved it and I would love to pass the recipe to her.

This dessert was on the miracle back in august of 2004.

Thanks

Do you have the recipe for a coffee desert? I am sorry I do not remember the name or even what it looked like. My friend loved it and I would love to pass the recipe to her.

This dessert was on the miracle back in august of 2004.

Thanks

I don't have any coffee dessert recipes. I your friend can recall the name then maybe I can find it. I can't find it now because I don't know the name so you would have to get me the name so I could find it for you.

hi,

Don't know if the 'flourless' cake is the same as the Chocolate Melting Cake that we recently had on Carnival but it was to DIE for. Would you happen to have it in there? I don't remember seeing it when I glanced through the cookbook when i was on the ship.

Thanks for the great recipes!:):)