Recipes from the Carnival Kitchens

PineappleGal

"The Carnival Experience"

Your Favorite Dinner item from the Dining Room is now in a book. Do you remember that item, if not I have the book of all trades the

"The Carnival Experience" the book that has all the recipes you need to have. From the Appetizers, Salad & Soup, to the Entrees and Dessert; I have those dishes and I know you want them. Reply w/the dish and I'll see if I have it and I'll send you the recipe and directions (Maybe a Picture; If I have it).

By chance is there a recipe for watermelon soup? If you or anyone else has the receipe I would really appreciate it. The soup is delicious just can't find the recipe.

Yield: 4 servings

• 4 c seeded watermelon chunks & juice
  • 2 tbs lemon juice
  • 2 tbs chopped fresh spearmint
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 1/3 c white wine
  • 1-1/2" fresh ginger root, sliced- 1/8" thick
  • Fresh spearmint springs for garnish

In a blender, blend all ingredients except the ginger. Add the ginger slices and chill the soup several hours. Remove the ginger slices. Serve the soup garnish with mint sprigs.

GOOD LUCK!!

Nice of you to do this.....as well as the cocktail recipes.

I have all three Carnival cookbooks, and refer to them from time to time.

For anyone going on a cruise soon ... The cookbooks are not found in the gift shops. They're in the "Formalities Shop". Don't know why, but that's where they sell them.:)

Their pumpkin soup is great !! Is the recipe in there ?

West Indian Pumpkin Soup

Serves 100 (so you might have to convert it to less)

3 lbs Onions, quartered

2 lbs Leeks

2 oz Garlic Cloves

7 lbs Pumpkin Puree

3 1/2 gallons Chicken Stock

2 Quarts Half-and-Half

1 Quart Heavy Cream

Salt & Pepper to Taste

Heat oven to 300*f. Place onions, leeks, and garlic in shallow roasting pan; drizzle with olive oiil. Bake at 300*f for 30 minutes. Puree Vegetables.

Roast pumpkin puree @ 300*f. for 20-25 minutes. In Large stockpot, combine pumpkin puree, pureed vegetables and chicken stock; bring to a boil. Simmer 1 Hour.

Add half-and-half and cream; simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and Pepper.

GOOD LUCK!!

How about Baked Alaska?

Baked Alaska

Prep Time:20 MinutesCook Time:40 MinutesReady In:11 Hours Servings:16

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 8 egg whites
  • 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round mixing bowl or deep 8-inch square container with foil. Spread ice cream in container, packing firmly. Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 inch pan.
  3. Prepare cake mix with egg and almond extract. Pour into prepared pan.
  4. Bake in preheated oven according to package instructions, until center of cake springs back when lightly touched.
  5. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt and sugar until stiff peaks form.
  6. Line a baking sheet with parchment or heavy brown paper. Place cake in center. Turn molded ice cream out onto cake. Quickly and prettily spread meringue over cake and ice cream, all the way to paper to seal. Return to freezer 2 hours.
  7. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  8. Bake the Alaska on the lowest shelf, 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve at once.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Their pumpkin soup is great !! Is the recipe in there ?

sorry a little off topic! But....Say hello to my sister, Debbie...she lives in Terre Haute Too! I will be in your fair city in May...as I get ready to fly from Indy to Canada for my cruise! ( I am originally from Rockville, Ind.)

Choclate decadance!! I've tried a couple of recipies for it but nothing tastes the same. I'd love to have that one please

I'd like to have that recipe, too! That is my all time favorite dessert on Carnival. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne

Choclate decadance!! I've tried a couple of recipies for it but nothing tastes the same. I'd love to have that one please

The Chocolate Decandance is not in the book :( but I have a recipe for a Chocolate Souffle' are you interested?

I'll second the strawberry bisque...and gazpacho too. I'm not a fan of soup but during our 4th cruise I just couldn't get enough! The gazpacho was so good I thought about cancelling the rest of my dinner order just to get a couple more bowls of it.

Thanks pineapple gal!!

:) :)

I'll second the strawberry bisque...and gazpacho too. I'm not a fan of soup but during our 4th cruise I just couldn't get enough! The gazpacho was so good I thought about cancelling the rest of my dinner order just to get a couple more bowls of it.

Thanks pineapple gal!!:) :)

Strawberry Bisque to come...but here is the Gazpacho

gazpacho6ik.jpg

Pineapplegal

I dont want any recipes I just wanted to say that it is really nice of you to take your time to type out all those recipes. Your kindness has not gone unoticed and is very appreciated. Can you hear the eagerness in the other posts to get those recipes? :D

Thanks again

CARNIVAL'S FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

Unsweetened cocoa powder

2 (8-oz.) packages semisweet chocolate squares, coarsely chopped

1/2 cup butter - do not use margarine

5 large eggs, separated

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/4 cup sugar

Grease a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder.

Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.

Whisk together egg yolks and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in warm chocolate mixture, whisking until well blended.

Beat egg whites at high speed with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. (Do not overbake!) Let stand in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing sides of pan

I know that lobster bisque is not as unique as the strawberry bisque and pumpkin soup. But it is out of this world. I am a lobster bisque addict. And Carnivals was really , really good. Is it in your book? I would love to have it if is in there and not too much trouble!!!

Thanks

Sue

How about the Strawberry Bisque? It is wonderful.

Strawberry Bisque w/ Picture

strawberry8ix.jpg

Strawberry Bisque

3 c strawberries, washed and hulled

1 ½ c water

¾ c sugar

3 T lemon juice

1 t grated lemon peel

1 ½ c red wine

1 c. sour cream

fresh mint leaves

Directions:

Combine strawberries, ½ c water, and sugar in a blender. Cover and blend the mixture until pureed. Stir in lemon juice, peel, 1 c. water and wine. Stir in sour cream until blended. Chill for several hours before serving and garnish with mint.

GOOD LUCK!!

The Carnival Cook Book DOES NOT have all the recipes served as they advertise. I purchased this book specifically for the Cucumber and Zuchinni soup recipes and neither are in the book.

Can I go on line and buy a Carnival Cook Book.

I could really kick myself for not buying one on my first cruise a year or so ago I thought at the time I would never use it. Now am wishing I had it.

Thanks for your help

Judi Hensley