Pot load of trouble on Enchantment and Adventure

I can understand the younger people, but the 60 and 63 year olds!:eek:

But hey, maybe they were on a Woodstock reunion cruise.:D

I know several that age that like to partake in a little smoke once in a while.

Such foolishness.

A variety of ages, but Florida seems (almost) a common demoninator. Do Floridians need something extra to help them kick back on vacation? Or were these folks out in the sun so much it impacted their judgement?

(Note to Floridians...Please resist the urge to flame me...I'm just joking)

Edited by Starry Eyes

isn't Adventure currently in her Royal Advantage dry dock? She went in for the 30 day make-over the end of March.

She came out last week. Currently on a 7 day cruise out of Miami.

Hmmmmmm.

"Magistrate Forbes told him that “we haven’t moved to the point yet where marijuana is legal in The Bahamas like in some states in the US and we haven’t moved yet to the point where medical marijuana is legal.”

They really make that big of a deal out of almost nothing.

All that over "1 gram"?

doesn't matter if it is one gram, 10 or 100. illegal is still illegal and only idiots make it worse by doing it internationally.

no sympathy for any of them.

. illegal is still illegal and only idiots make it worse by doing it internationally.

Im actually a strong advocate for legalization as I believe the government has no right to tell someone they cant partake of a weed that grows pretty much naturally and has PROVEN medicinal benefits.

With that said, I totally agree with your sentence I quoted. It would take an absolute FOOL to go on foreign soil and partake in illegal drugs.

They are lucky they got off as cheap as they did. Would have probably cost them thousands in Mexico.

Here's the thing, you're entering another country. You know what to expect here in the states. How stupid do you need to be to roll the dice in another country. They're lucky in one respect, they weren't extorted by foreign cops or better yet, beaten and robbed by them only to be left on the side of the road.

They are lucky they got off as cheap as they did. Would have probably cost them thousands in Mexico.

It appears that in the end it could very well have cost them thousands between the fine and paying for a place to stay and a flight back. At least one of the defendants had to stay behind while his family continued on with their cruise.

“It was the worst mistake of my life,” the 37-year-old said, adding that he was ashamed that his wife and family had to leave without him because he had made a stupid mistake.

It's always been weird to me that you can take drugs that are acutely and chronically toxic to multiple organs, that cause cancer, addiction, lung disease, liver disease, and brain atrophy but somehow if you use marijuana it's a crime.

It's just classic that the magistrate suggested he smoke a cigar instead. Never mind that cigars can cause oropharyngeal cancer and marijuana doesn't (at least that we know of).

I'm glad these laws are starting to change. It seems a trivial thing to ruin someone's vacation over.

Next time they should come to Colorado. We're happy to take their money and won't threaten to throw them in jail just because their intoxicant of choice is different from someone else's.

Now having said that I do agree that if you knowingly break the law, whether you agree with the law or not, you should not expect much sympathy if you get caught.

Edited by DrD

It's always been weird to me that you can take drugs that are acutely and chronically toxic to multiple organs, that cause cancer, addiction, lung disease, liver disease, and brain atrophy but somehow if you use marijuana it's a crime.

It's just classic that the magistrate suggested he smoke a cigar instead. Never mind that cigars can cause oropharyngeal cancer and marijuana doesn't (at least that we know of).

I'm glad these laws are starting to change. It seems a trivial thing to ruin someone's vacation over.

Next time they should come to Colorado. We're happy to take their money and won't threaten to throw them in jail just because their intoxicant of choice is different from someone else's.

like.png

Here's the thing, you're entering another country. You know what to expect here in the states. How stupid do you need to be to roll the dice in another country. They're lucky in one respect, they weren't extorted by foreign cops or better yet, beaten and robbed by them only to be left on the side of the road.

You are 100 percent correct.

I bet if they had the munchies, you could sell them a couple of gaggers.:D