The Diamond Lounge on Oasis of the Seas

My wife and I are avid cruisers and Diamond members on RCCL. We are booked on the Oasis in a few months and have read a little about the Diamond Lounge on the Oasis. Any hints or suggestions on utilizing this venue?

My wife and I are avid cruisers and Diamond members on RCCL. We are booked on the Oasis in a few months and have read a little about the Diamond Lounge on the Oasis. Any hints or suggestions on utilizing this venue?

Beyond the free drinks during the nightly cocktail hour from 5pm to 8:30pm, you have the services of the Diamond Concierge. The concierge can help with excursions, dining reservations, internet coupons, etc. Also, don't forget the 24 access to complimentary specialty coffee.

The actual Diamond Lounge is quite nice, it is situated above Boleros Bar in the promenade, however if there are too many Diamond members on your sailing the actual evening event may be moved to the Blaze nightclub, which is not so good for early evening drinks.

However you will still be able to use the main lounge during the day for coffe and relaxation. :)

Welcome to CC

The actual Diamond Lounge is quite nice, it is situated above Boleros Bar in the promenade, however if there are too many Diamond members on your sailing the actual evening event may be moved to the Blaze nightclub, which is not so good for early evening drinks.

However you will still be able to use the main lounge during the day for coffe and relaxation. :)

Welcome to CC

On the Allure this was the case every night with us. It really didn't give you access to the Diamond Concierge since he was at the door checking SeaPasses the entire time. Guess if you go during the morning hours you could talk with him in the Diamond lounge but we didn't.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Welcome to CC

On our Oasis cruise, we also had the nightly drinks in Blaze. IMO, it was very nice -- plenty of space for the small amount of people that would come every night. We were cruising during a non-vacation time so maybe that's why it was never busy. The space seemed better set up for conversations with people than the "real" Diamond Lounge above Boleros.

We did like using the "real" space to check out the menus each night of the different restaurants on board to decide where we wanted to dine, grabbing coffee throughout the day, and watching the events happening along the promenade. We never noticed the Diamond Concierge up there, so we must have missed her in the early mornings.

I've been the Oasis once, this past December. I enjoyed the Diamond Lounge, but agree that you should get there a little early, if you want a good seat. We traveled with relatives that weren't Diamond, so I wasn't in there often, but I did play "hooky" a few times. I enjoyed getting a seat in the area overlooking the Promenade area, people watching, and have one or three of my favorite beverages. You will enjoy it, I have no doubt.

The Oasis/Allure Diamond Lounges have a balcony area that overlooks the Prominade area. This outer area features seating similar to a coffee shop with little tables and small chairs. You enter the lounge via a metal gate.

The inner area has very comfortable well upholstered and cushioned seating in conversational arrangements.

At breakfast time, some fruit and pastries are served there and of course you can get coffee, espresso or capuccino there. The Concierge is there, but he always seems to be very busy, so we haven't has much conversation with him.

The outer area is good for watching Prominade parades and dances, but get there early as it can get really crowded. You will be looking out over the Starbucks coffee kiosk.

Unlike on Freedom Class ships, the Diamond lounge has no outdoor view at all. For this reason we don't tend to spend as much time in the D lounge as we do on Freedom Class ships.

I am eager to learn how the Diamond lounge will be configured on Quantum and Anthem. I hope that once again there will be windows.

Archived