San Juan Tram to......

Krazy Kruizers

It isn't people.

People on a recent HAL cruise got off the ship and got this tram -- they did a review -- and when I asked questions -- they never came back to their thread.

I am partially handicapped and love to take the tram knowing that I would be taken right to the top of the hill. It has been years since we have been back to El Moro castle.

On our last cruise I took that picture from the ship as we were arriving and I even asked questions then about the tram -- no answers.

This is one of the "trolleys". This one does have a wheelchair ramp in the back, but I have seen the regular trolley with someone in a motorized scooter on it. So somehow they seem to make accommodations for handicapped people.

They drop you right at the door of El Morro and you get on them right at the corner across from Pier 3/4, where the ships are usually docked for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

We rode this tram when we were there last week. It made the same stops as the trolley. It did go all the way to the entrance of El Morro. I was not aware of a different one that only went to El Morro without making other stops. The trams/trolleys are frequently packed. Especially if you're trying to catch it near the ship, you'd probably have to wait quite a while for the crowds to dissipate.

• 3 weeks later...

Read her for more information about the tram/trolley system, and a map:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/free-trolley-old-san-juan/

Ā 

If you are able, the best tip I have for you is to head LEFT from the cruise ship pier and wait at one of the higher number stops- 12-13for the trolley, as most people will be getting on at stop 1 or possibly even 14.

• 1 month later...

Ā 

If you are able, the best tip I have for you is to head LEFT from the cruise ship pier and wait at one of the higher number stops- 12-13for the trolley, as most people will be getting on at stop 1 or possibly even 14.

Ā 

This is a great tip! Thanks!

Does the San Juan Trolley run every day not just on days when there are ships in port? We will be going into OSJ on Friday, May 2 when there are no ships in port. The following day we will be boarding the Jewel of the Seas. I am hoping that we will have reduced crowds because of it, but still want everything to be up and operational.

Ā 

Ā 

On the trolley route map at the link you showed, it looks like the GREEN route is the one Krazy Kruizers should take. It has only a handful of stops between the port and El Morro, bypassing the whole downtown area. I watched a youtube video of someone taking that route, and it really didn't seem to take very long at all. maybe 15 minutes if that. Even though the last stop is at the bottom of the lawn, ppl have said to just stay on board and they take you right to the fort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does the San Juan Trolley run every day not just on days when there are ships in port? We will be going into OSJ on Friday, May 2 when there are no ships in port. The following day we will be boarding the Jewel of the Seas. I am hoping that we will have reduced crowds because of it, but still want everything to be up and operational.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes the Trolley and tram both run every day.... And yes they are tricky to find seats on. We have found one of the best ways as others have said is to walk left and catch it at other than prime stops. The other thing that works is to walk north to the San Cristobal stop (a lot of people will get off here) it is up hill but not a long walk. The other BEST tip is to be patient and not get frustrated with it being full. There will be another shortly.