Has anyone actually TAKEN a Spirit Incentives Cruise??

xo101

I got this 4 day cruise from attending a timeshare presentation. Says for Royal Caribbean, but since RC doesn't port from Galveston, we are booked on the Ecstasy for Dec. 4.

I have read all of the negative comments on all the five billion sites out there about Spirit Incentives. So I am hoping that I can find the one or two people out there who have actually taken this cruise and can answer a couple questions for me??

Ive already taken one spirit incentives Hawaii vacation, was great, no problems. Of course its alot of hoopla, and the first 2 dates were not accepted on either Hawaii or this cruise.

My cruise is booked, paid for, I have the documents from Carnival, everything is showing up online (except room). I elected to keep the 1A guarantee room because on my last 2 cruises I got excellent upgrades. Its 33 days out and showing to be TBA on the website and my travel docs.

Is there anyone out there who won this cruise , went on carnival and took a 1A guarantee room, and did you get upgraded??

If not, how cramped is this room with 2 people in it??

Ultimately it doesn't matter if we are stuck in the bunk bed room because we are singles and don't want to share a bed! But it would be nice to hear of someone else getting a good upgrade! Especially one with a window :)

Thanks in advance!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to post a follow-up to my previous posting for any other cruisers who might be seeking the same answer I was.

I kept the 1A bunkbed room, declined any upgrades. This was my 3rd carnival cruise. We ended up getting bumped to E208. Empress Deck (I was on this deck my first cruise) still no window, but I am glad that we didn't pay the extra $$ they were wanting to upgrade, I am very pleased with our room assignment. We also didn't find out the room until about 25 days prior, it suddenly showed up on carnival website! (I was looking every day). So all in all.... the Spirit Incentives cruise worked for me!

Hope this helps someone in their future planning!! :)

Hey yeah my Husband & I got the same deal from them from the same ole place too LOL

We're also on the Dec 4th Esctasy ship... We didn't pay for any upgrades and was of course given the same 1A but some how now have a 4A whatever that means... This is our 1st cruise...:D

Hey yeah my Husband & I got the same deal from them from the same ole place too LOL

We're also on the Dec 4th Esctasy ship... We didn't pay for any upgrades and was of course given the same 1A but some how now have a 4A whatever that means... This is our 1st cruise...:D

You did good.... two lower beds that can convert into a king size bed. Still an inside, but hey it's a cruise and you will be treated just like the folks who paid cruiseline rates vs. what you paid ! Have a BLAST !!!

Coolies... Thanks for the info Travelntreats

Well we're not that picky when it comes to sleeping courters, besides like you said convert to king size :D

Only thing we're not thrilled about is the drive from Dallas... haha maybe I should say him drive...

I can't wait 5 more days, this is our belated Honeymoon @ that

Coolies... Thanks for the info Travelntreats

Well we're not that picky when it comes to sleeping courters, besides like you said convert to king size :D

Only thing we're not thrilled about is the drive from Dallas... haha maybe I should say him drive...

I can't wait 5 more days, this is our belated Honeymoon @ that

How nice... CONGRATS on finally getting to have that honeymoon, even if belated ! HAVE A GREAT CRUISE !!!

• 9 months later...

I am just starting the process with Spirit for my free cruise. I have sent in the $100 deposit and just received an e-mail from them asking to pick a destination, departure and a choice of 3 dates. Do they give you any details on the cruise choices to help you with that decision. Any suggestions as to picking the dates? We are flexible, but do not want the run-a-round. You say you did not pay for any upgrades, but did eventually get them anyway. When did they offer the cabin upgrade and was it from Carnival? Any help or suggestions in making our arrangements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 4 months later...
i too am in this process ...

i gave them 3 dates and they told me i will hear within 45 days of the 1st day (which is in the beginning of july)

what do you guys think ... will i sail?

I got a cruise (but not really free, but discounted at best) and was told I should hear probably some time in Feb. My first date picked is in May.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

My husband and I are going through the same thing. We have paid our deposit and are in the process of hearing back about our dates. I really hope to get one of the first two days selected, but we will see.

Does anyone know about how long it takes to find out if your date has been approved or not? I know it says they will inform us at least 45 days in advance, but that is not a lot of time for us to plan around.

So has everyone had good experiences on the actual cruise? We will be sailing out of Galveston hopefully either in May or August.

Thanks!

I am the one who originally posted this thread back in 2008 and it turned out very well for us (the Spirit Incentives cruise). I believe I started calling them about 60 days out (every few days) just to check in. I found out by phone about a week before I ever got anything in the mail. They will try to upsell you upon your booking, but we didn't... and ended up getting an upgrade. We actually had breakfast the final morning of the cruise with another couple who won the same package, and had paid to upgrade and were only a few doors down from us. So unless you are really particular about getting a window I would just hold off and cross your fingers and more than likely you will get a free upgrade.

I believe the date that they approved was my LAST of my 3 dates. I'm thinking the May would be less people than the August date, (unless its after the 23rd) so you have a good chance at getting May.

Have fun, and I have stayed on various levels of the ship and I have never had a bad experience. I'm just happy to be on a cruise! :)

Enjoy it!

K

I am the one who originally posted this thread back in 2008 and it turned out very well for us (the Spirit Incentives cruise). I believe I started calling them about 60 days out (every few days) just to check in. I found out by phone about a week before I ever got anything in the mail. They will try to upsell you upon your booking, but we didn't... and ended up getting an upgrade. We actually had breakfast the final morning of the cruise with another couple who won the same package, and had paid to upgrade and were only a few doors down from us. So unless you are really particular about getting a window I would just hold off and cross your fingers and more than likely you will get a free upgrade.

I believe the date that they approved was my LAST of my 3 dates. I'm thinking the May would be less people than the August date, (unless its after the 23rd) so you have a good chance at getting May.

Have fun, and I have stayed on various levels of the ship and I have never had a bad experience. I'm just happy to be on a cruise! :)

Enjoy it!

K

Thanks a million for the info. I am about to start the process with my wife. We got a free cruise and a vacation getaway from Spirit Incentives via Silver Leaf Resorts. While the ship is in port, are we required to get a hotel while the ship is docked? Are there any hidden fees and the like? Thanks for your help in advance.

Also, do I have to have a credit card? What about a debit card? And what are the chances we can extend our cruise a day? Thanks.

Skillz

Edited by madskillz

I have been looking for someone who has actually taken the "free" cruise offered by Silver Leaf Resort. It's good to know that the trip does actually exist. I'm going on Sunday to the presentation...just to get the cruise.

What restrictions on travel dates do they give you? Any chance we'd be able to travel during the summer?

I've read that you have to pay some fees beyond the $100 deposit. How much were the fees?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions/advice.

I have been looking for someone who has actually taken the "free" cruise offered by Silver Leaf Resort. It's good to know that the trip does actually exist. I'm going on Sunday to the presentation...just to get the cruise.

What restrictions on travel dates do they give you? Any chance we'd be able to travel during the summer?

I've read that you have to pay some fees beyond the $100 deposit. How much were the fees?

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions/advice.

A word of advice - they will wear you down mentally - expect a 3-hour wait max and then they'll show you all of the wonderful niceties and properties on-site. Then, they'll hit you with 3 different folks - and try to get you to sign up for their program. You get a 3rd trip if you sign up with them too. We got the cruise, the 5-day vacation getaway to Aruba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Hawaii (our choice) and a severe headache.

Bring a book or a PDA cell phone to pass the time.

Our very first Carnival cruise was the result of a gift for attending a timeshare presentation with RCI in Indy. It was with Spirit Incentives. It is legit, but you must jump through every hoop they give you in the fine print. Not difficult, but stressful, especially if you are wondering all along if it is a scam or how they are going to rip you off. (I know I did). The final of our 3 dates were approved and we were notified well in advance. We declined the upgrade and there were no hidden charges. We were on the Sensation in 2003. We were pleasantly surprised with an ocean view cabin upon embarkation. As I had only been on RCCL 3 times prior, I was floored with how large the cabin was in comparison. We had a great time! We have never been back to RCCL.

The presentation was every bit of 3 hours, but we practiced ahead of time, "No. . .now give me my free cruise" over and over on the way there. They did wear us down mentally to the point of us almost breaking and running out of the place, but we held firm and were rewarded. They seem to get really angry at you at the end as a final pressure tactic.

As an aside, did a timeshare presentation in Cozumel, Mx during our Freedom cruise, as we wanted the free resort day in return. My DH's first language is Polish. We decided that he would only speak Polish in an attempt to shorten the presentation-I would defer to him as the decision maker. Well I'll be dipped if they didn't pull a 20 something Polish man out of there *%# to give DH the presentation in Polish. You have got to be kidding me?! In Mexico!:D They are good. . .very good!

@ Mrs. Squirrel - can you tell me if my wife and I have to leave the ship at night or can we stay aboard the ship at night? I've heard stories from people that they had to disembark and pay for nights in a hotel.

We started the process and need to know how much extra we need to bring.

Also, have you done any other Spirit Incentive programs? We got a 5-day vacation getaway, but we have to pay for airfare and meals. Thanks!

We are going to a time share presentation in April. Our invitation was a post card showing a Carnival ship and had Carnival cruise written across it. The invitation said we were to receive a seven day cruise. I see everyone else had shorter cruises or they had to pay an upgrade for a longer cruise. I was wondering, did your invitation say a 7 day cruise to begin with?

I am very skeptical and read all of the fine print, only thing I am learyabout is that it said it may not be a Carnival cruise. I was wondering does this mean that I will be on a ship which stops at time resorts along the way and charge us to stay in them?

@ Mrs. Squirrel - can you tell me if my wife and I have to leave the ship at night or can we stay aboard the ship at night? I've heard stories from people that they had to disembark and pay for nights in a hotel.

We started the process and need to know how much extra we need to bring.

Also, have you done any other Spirit Incentive programs? We got a 5-day vacation getaway, but we have to pay for airfare and meals. Thanks!

All I can say is that we didn't have to get off at night. The cruise went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mx. We were on a regular, available to the public to book, Carnival cruise. They just picked up the tab minus our $100 deposit and port fees/taxes. We were treated no differently than any other passenger.

That having been said. . .this was 2003 and not via the resort you toured. We were never offered any other vacation incentives or options so don't know how they would work. Let us know how it works out!

I have done two of those Spirit incentives cruise time share presentations. The first went off without a hitch after I went through the fine print to give them three dates within 12 months from the presentation that are not within 14 days either side of a holiday, no more than 30 days from each other and all the other restrictions. They chose the third date and I went to Mexico and Catalina Island for 4 days on the old Holiday. The cruise was great and I was upgraded to a window stateroom. It came about a time when work was scarce and the offer was certainly worth the work. The second time a few years ago, I sent them the three dates with the deposit and they waited until one week before my third requested date was scheduled (I thought for sure I would get that one since the other 2 dates had passed) to let me know they could not accomodate my request. I asked them to give me three new dates since after August there were so few available without getting too close to holidays or each other and they told me it was my problem and if I wanted to go I needed to submit my dates ASAP. There were only 2 possibilities for the remainder of the year so I sent them in. My request was returned since I didn't follow directions and choose three dates. I could never get any satisfaction from their phone reps and it took me an additional 8 months to get my deposit money back. It was certainly not worth the effort the second time and I haven't considered doing it again.

Our postcard advertised a 7 day cruise and that is exactly what we got. We were on the Carnival Liberty last January for 7 days. I do remember it saying something about it may not be a Carnival cruise, however, that just means it may be a different cruise line. I think at the time they were offering Carnival and Royal Car. cruises. When I called they told me my offer was only good for Carnival. So that is what I would expect. If you do everything exactly as they so, you should be good to go. Good luck!!

Our postcard advertised a 7 day cruise and that is exactly what we got. We were on the Carnival Liberty last January for 7 days. I do remember it saying something about it may not be a Carnival cruise, however, that just means it may be a different cruise line. I think at the time they were offering Carnival and Royal Car. cruises. When I called they told me my offer was only good for Carnival. So that is what I would expect. If you do everything exactly as they so, you should be good to go. Good luck!!

Thanks