Gigi Scheper

NorbertsNiece

Hi,

Gigi has made up a tour for me to take with her on my visit next month. I am travelling solo. Will see if anyone on my roll call would be interested in joining me; this will be a Jewish Heritage tour to include transport to various sites and entry to museums. Instead of giving me a price she has said; 'Make me an offer I cannot refuse'. I've not done this sort of thing before, (naming my price by email). I would value your opinion.

Thanks.

I am Jewish and this sounds like a fascinating tour! We're not going to be there until the spring- would love to know how it turns out! (As far as a price, I would look up similar tours and get an idea of the going rate...)

Elisse

Hi,

Gigi has made up a tour for me to take with her on my visit next month. I am travelling solo. Will see if anyone on my roll call would be interested in joining me; this will be a Jewish Heritage tour to include transport to various sites and entry to museums. Instead of giving me a price she has said; 'Make me an offer I cannot refuse'. I've not done this sort of thing before, (naming my price by email). I would value your opinion.

Thanks.

I am Jewish and this sounds like a fascinating tour! We're not going to be there until the spring- would love to know how it turns out! (As far as a price, I would look up similar tours and get an idea of the going rate...)

Elisse

Hi Elisse,

She describes the tour :

Beth Haim Cemetery ,oldest in-walled Jewish Cemetery of the Western Hemisphere dating back to 1659.

Mongui Maduro Museum / Library ,situated in an old Landhuis [plantation house ] used in olden times as a vacation retreat for the Sephardic Jews living in town.

Curacao Liqueur Factory ,home of the World Famous Blue Curacao , invented by 2 Jewish Families .

Drive through the old Jewish Neighborhood of Schaarloo 1850-1970.

Mikve Israel Emanuel and Jewish Cultural Historical Museum.

I pay transportation as well as entrance fees

Hi, this is from the roll call for the Jan 19th 2013 Caribbean Princess cruise - it might give you an idea of the going rate for your tour post 31 -

"Hello again to Ken and all others

I have investigated a tour of Curacao to include the Synagogue, Jewish area and beyond. This person was recommended on the Boards. Please see her response to me:

"We can start a tour in the Capital of the island, visit the synagogue ($10 per person not included) visit old jewish neighborhood Sharloo and the liqour distillery old jewish mansion, new jewish neighborhood and then visit the westside of the island. We can stop for lunch(not incl) at a local restaurant.

The tour will last 5to 6 hours and the cost is $50p.p."

Peter and I are definitely interested in this tour. Is anyone else?

Joy "

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know her correct email address. I have tried 2x to get in touch with her. We are on the 2/23/13 Eclipse sailing and are a group of 7.

We had an amazing time. I took many many pictures but due to the very specific nature of the content did not post the pics in my blog. Gigi is an awesome guide and the whole visit was really well organised and very comprehensive. She charged around $65 pp and included a visit to the rum factory!

gigischeper@hotmail.com is the email address I used.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know her correct email address. I have tried 2x to get in touch with her. We are on the 2/23/13 Eclipse sailing and are a group of 7.

Hello - Any additional information on tour with Giggi? Wonder if you received a response with cost?

Thank you

I will be visiting Curucao on Feb. 8 from a cruise and want to go on Jewish heritage tour. I emailed Gigi at email given but haven't heard back from her after 10 days. Is there another way to sign up for her tour or does anyone know someone else that does a good tour? We have 4 in our group. thank you.

I finally learned after numerous emails to Gigi that she is no longer taking passengers on tours of Curacao. She states that since the first of the year that Princess has been late and she is losing money. I read where someone else was doing a Jewish Heritage tour and am very much interested in any and all info. We leave on the Princess this Saturday February 2 and will be in Curacao on 2/5 from 1-10pm. Time is of the essence. So disappointing

I finally heard back from Gigi. She doesn't seem to know her schedule yet. She said she had internet problems. We are sailing with RC on the Adventure. Maybe she still will do tours with RC. We leave on Feb 3 so I hope we can book with her. I haven't found any other tours of the Jewish sights. We may have to go on our own.

• 1 month later...

We did connect with Gigi and went on a Jewish heritage tour Feb. 8, 2013 when we docked from Royal Caribbean Adventure of the seas. The tour was one of the highlights of our cruise. Gigi took 4 of us to the Jewish cemetery, Synagogue and museum, Blue Curacao factory, Jewish library and a museum home of the Mongui=Maduro family, and drove through the old Jewish neighborhood. Gigi is extremely knowledgable and we all enjoyed the tour immensely. We paid her $65 p.p.

It was hard to get in touch with her and we weren't sure if she would be meeting us that day. I would suggest emailing her at gigischeper@hotmail.com at least 3-4 weeks before you will be there, as she doesn't respond in a timely fashion. You will have to email her several times. The tour was well worth it!

We are just off the Celebrity Eclipse and did Gigi's Jewish heritage tour on March 3. She was absolutely wonderful and gave us a real understanding of the role of Jews past and present in the development of Curacao. The Mikve Israel Emanuel Synagogue was the highlight of the tour. I would highly recommend her. gigischeper@hotmail.com

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

• 3 weeks later...

we were able to book a Jewish Heritage walking tour with GIGI Scheper in Curacao April 2 which includes the ancient Synagogue and Museum tour. We are 4 people and there is another group from our ship that is also going. Her contact info is email is gigischeper@hotmail.com her phone from the US is 011-599-9-697-0290

Bill Heller (Haren86)

harenheller@prodigy.net

If anyone on our cruise is interested. This is the walking tour and runs $30 some sites are not open because its Passover. You can call her direct

We are just off the Celebrity Eclipse and did Gigi's Jewish heritage tour on March 3. She was absolutely wonderful and gave us a real understanding of the role of Jews past and present in the development of Curacao. The Mikve Israel Emanuel Synagogue was the highlight of the tour. I would highly recommend her. gigischeper@hotmail.com

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Did you also do any other sightseeing with her besides Jewish sites? we've booked with her in 2 weeks and I was wondering if there is anything else on Curacao we can ask her to show us .

Did you also do any other sightseeing with her besides Jewish sites? we've booked with her in 2 weeks and I was wondering if there is anything else on Curacao we can ask her to show us .

We basically did the Jewish sites but also went to the Curacao Distillery which is Jewish owned but an interesting sight for anyone. We rode through Willemsted and saw the floating market and other things along the way. We did the synagogue last and I chose to remain in town and look around on my own. I crossed the pontoon bridge and walked back to the ship. Along the way there is a mall in an old fort and a street market with typical souvenirs. It is a fairly long walk to the mega port but pleasant.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
We will be in Curacao on Dec. 23, 2015 aboard the Carnival Breeze. We just booked with Gigi and her charge was $60 per person including entrance fees. we cannot wait to go.
She was fabulous and her tour was the high point of our 12-4-2014 Explorer of the Seas cruise. I need to post a review.

• 4 months later...
We will be in Curacao on Dec. 23, 2015 aboard the Carnival Breeze. We just booked with Gigi and her charge was $60 per person including entrance fees. we cannot wait to go.

Stewie1956,

do you have the email address for Gigi as the one I have, gigisheper@hotmail.com bounced back as undeliverable? Will be in Curacao January 29, 2016 and wanted to go on the Jewish Heritage Tour.