Princess Beverage Package Evaluator

kelly94942

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator rev0 posted 5-7-2014.xls

Here is my initial rev of a beverage package evaluator - if you see items that are incorrect/missing, please let me know so I can improve this spreadsheet. All of the soda/water/juice prices are estimates for now, I can't seem to find current actual prices. Hope this is useful!

Very useful for me. Thank you for your time and effort!

Best,

Bruce

Kelly - that's very nicely done. I quickly confirmed that the package is not for us, but I love the listing of all the drinks on board w/ cost. Thanks :)

Wow, thanks for putting together this great spreadsheet! I am sure it will be very useful for those who understand what on earth it represents and how to use it. My husband will be among that exalted number, so I will certainly show it to him and let him make as much use of it as he sees fit. He may actually decide that a beverage package, which we have never bought, is for him, er... us!! :)

That was much easier to use than it looked at first sight, and represented, I'm sure, a ridiculously high level of work on your part to make it so easy on our end. Thank you.

I got a resounding "Yes!" which I'm blaming on my bottled water habit, not on the number of martinis I drink . . .

thank you for the great spreadsheet! Do you know if they sell Perrier Water and how much that is?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any information about soda, water, and juice. So if I get that information, I will add it in and do another revision of my spreadsheet. If not, I will make sure I make a list of all of those sorts of things on my Princess cruise in November.

Kelly, thank you so much. That makes my decision making so easy. Even if your prices are off on some things like soda/water/juice, it still gives me an order of magnitude estimate to use in decision making. I am going to post a link to your spreadsheet on my roll call thread so others can benefit from your work too.

The prices you've listed I don't think include the 15% gratuity which is added extra at the till. But, the Drink Package price you've listed is the price inclusive of the 15% gratuity. So unless I'm mistaken the price comparison isn't correct.

The prices you've listed I don't think include the 15% gratuity which is added extra at the till. But, the Drink Package price you've listed is the price inclusive of the 15% gratuity. So unless I'm mistaken the price comparison isn't correct.

There is minor correction that should be made too and that is the column headed "Price per Week" should really be labeled "Price for Cruise." The correction for the tax can be easily made by changing the formula in cell E2 from SUM(F6:F232) to SUM(F6:F232)*1.15.

14 glasses of wine, 396.00 ??

I don't know what numbers you entered, but one glass of the most expensive wine ($7.95) on the list per port day and 1 glass per sea day (15 glasses total) = $119.25 according to the spreadsheet. :confused:

I don't know what numbers you entered, but one glass of the most expensive wine ($7.95) on the list per port day and 1 glass per sea day (15 glasses total) = $119.25 according to the spreadsheet. :confused:

Perhaps having 15 glasses of wine was too much alcohol to then use the spreadsheet:p

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! I got the soda and water prices (including Perrier!), so I have added those in. I also updated the package price to $49 a day - I originally pulled it from the Princess website and didn't realize it had the 15% gratuity added in. So now none of the items have gratuity in them, which was my original intention. At least it's comparing apples to apples now!

The latest revision is attached - ongoing feedback is certainly appreciated. :D

Princess Beverage Package Evaluator rev1 posted 5-8-2014.xls