Best Way To Visit Just a Few Places (Shete Boka & a Beach)

sjmbruce

All I realty want to do in Curacao is visit Shete Boka National Park and spend the rest of the day at a beach with a little bit of time at the end of the day to walk around town and see the colorful buildings.

Group tours are large with many stops while private tours seem pricey to visit two places and renting a car could end up being really time consuming.

What's my best option?

• 1 month later...
All I realty want to do in Curacao is visit Shete Boka National Park and spend the rest of the day at a beach with a little bit of time at the end of the day to walk around town and see the colorful buildings.

Group tours are large with many stops while private tours seem pricey to visit two places and renting a car could end up being really time consuming.

What's my best option?

We rented a car. I loved going to Shete Boka NP and the freedom to come and go as we wanted. Be careful. There are 2 docks. Ours was the one far from the rental car place. Out was still walkable, just not as easy. Plus finding gas after can be a little difficult if you aren't sure where to go. Email me if you want my planning info and a link to my pictures. Annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

We rented a car. I loved going to Shete Boka NP and the freedom to come and go as we wanted. Be careful. There are 2 docks. Ours was the one far from the rental car place. Out was still walkable, just not as easy. Plus finding gas after can be a little difficult if you aren't sure where to go. Email me if you want my planning info and a link to my pictures. Annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

Yes thank you so much! I'll be sending an email from sjmbruce at gmail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I am also curious about this answer so I am bumping this thread

Although I have no idea on the cost of the taxi, I really don't see a reason not to rent a car and do it on your own. It was really easy to do and if you are from the US, they drive on the correct side of the road. :D