Change in air carrier

loum140

We had received info on our air arrangements (Air France from Newark) for our Insignia Cruise from our TA a couple of months ago. We made seating and other arrangements at that time. We just happened to call the airline about another matter and learned that Oceania switched us to KLM, different departure time, longer layover, etc. We had to get seat assignments all over again. Have not received our travel documents yet for Aug. 30th departure, so except for that phone call, we would not have known about the change. Has anyone else had this experience?

Wow this is troublesome! Have not received the final verification either.Were supposed to be on Lufthansa and wonder where we will end up.We are on the same trip. Elyilona

I see that you're from Staten Island....so are we. You would think we would be on the same flight. You can e-mail us at loum140@yahoo.com and we can compare notes.

We had received info on our air arrangements (Air France from Newark) for our Insignia Cruise from our TA a couple of months ago. We made seating and other arrangements at that time. We just happened to call the airline about another matter and learned that Oceania switched us to KLM, different departure time, longer layover, etc. We had to get seat assignments all over again. Have not received our travel documents yet for Aug. 30th departure, so except for that phone call, we would not have known about the change. Has anyone else had this experience?

hello Louis :) it is still hard to beat free air

We were originally scheduled on Delta Aug 30th from LA to Cinncinati to JFK to Venice but just received final docs and now fly Delta LA to JFK to Venice but return is on Lufthansa Athens to Munich to LA!

We've had airlines make significant changes in our flights even when we booked the flights ourselves--so it's no guarantee.

Some times that will happen cruise or no cruise, but I feel you have much more control of the situation. Also it is far easier to us FF miles to upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
We were originally scheduled on Delta Aug 30th from LA to Cinncinati to JFK to Venice but just received final docs and now fly Delta LA to JFK to Venice but return is on Lufthansa Athens to Munich to LA!

We were also changed from the Cincinatti connection and are on the 8:00 flight to JFK. Lots better than departing at 6:26 am. We'll look for you. Stan and Marilyn Crandon.

We were also changed from the Cincinatti connection and are on the 8:00 flight to JFK. Lots better than departing at 6:26 am. We'll look for you. Stan and Marilyn Crandon.

We were wondering if anyone else was on the same flight - agree with you about leaving at 8 instead of 6:26! Still, we have to be picked up at 4:15am

by the shuttle service!

We were wondering if anyone else was on the same flight - agree with you about leaving at 8 instead of 6:26! Still, we have to be picked up at 4:15am

by the shuttle service!

Scran 97 - just noticed you are in newport beach area - thats where we are leaving from tho we live in Palm Springs too.

• 4 weeks later...

We too had an unexpected and unpleasant change in air arrangements. We paid the deviation and were given our flights approximately 6 months prior to our scheduled sailing and were etremely pleased with our flights. After we paid our final payment we received a copy of our invoice that showed our departure flight on the wrong date. We had copies of e-mails to the air desk that showed that WE had not made a mistake. When Oceania corrected the departure date our flight was changed from a KLM non-stop San Francisco to Amsterdam to a one stop Northwest with change of planes in Memphis. I could live with a change of carrier and one extra stop but our departure time was moved up 4 hours earlier and our connection in Memphis is only 45 minutes which makes me nervous. Our TA had repeated attempts to try to get us something better but Oceania blamed the airline for the error in departure dates and change of flights and wouldn't do anything to try to help. Live and learn! I always make my own air arrangements but this time since the air was included and I booked and received flights I liked so far in advance I thought all was ok. Besides, the cost for an open jaw flight from the west coast was more expensive than the rebate Oceania would have given and there were 3 of us. In hindsight, the extra amount I will now have to pay to stay at an airport hotel before the flight and might lose for a missed first night at my destination because of the 45 minute connection will be more than I would have had to pay taking the air refund and booking my own flights. I know all the carriers have the right to change but when you're dealing through so many layers ie TA, cruise line, air deviation desk and airline a lot more can go wrong and is almost impossible to correct. I know all will probably turn out ok, I'm just glad we're going 3 days before our cruise.

Mygalsal, We live in Palm Desert in the winter!!!

Carolyn,

I would insist your TA have Oceania do something about your tickets..you paid $50 for the flights you wanted and I dont believe a 45 minute connection is legal..Have her call ahain!!

Jan

Archived