Email Phishing on the Journey May 16 cruise

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:27 PM.
#1
Maryland
347 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran
#2
Boca Raton, FL
18,698 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by trident
I just got back from the May 16 cruise on the Journey and found many emails from family and friends who received bogus emails supposedly from me. I used the computer on the Journey only once and had my entire contact list from yahoo email stolen and used. BEWARE of using computers onboard. Has anyone else discovered this problem??

Fran
Hi Fran !

A few friends who use Yahoo, have mentioned something similar, about their address books being deleted without their permission, which would be a security issue. It is possible this may be a Yahoo issue. I have a feeling this has nothing to do with Azamara. I would suggest getting in touch with Yahoo. Good Luck !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy



#3
Huntington Beach, CA
137 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.
Sue
#4
Maryland
347 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Thanks Andy. I will contact Yahoo about this. It just seemed strange that it should happen the one time I used the internet on the ship.

Fran
#5
Maryland
347 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Originally posted by Trvlingal
Hi Fran,

Hope you got home without too much hassle. We had to stay over until Monday but had a couple hours Sunday to see the town.

I sent numerous emails using AOL on board and had NO problems. It might have been Yahoo as suggested.

Happy sailings wherever you are off to next.
Sue
Hi Sue,
Glad to hear you you got home safely. We had planned to stay over in Copenhagen one night anyway so we had no problems with the late arrival. Thanks for your response about the emails. I have notified Yahoo and hope to get some answers.
Fran
#6
Boca Raton, FL
18,698 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by trident
Thanks Andy. I will contact Yahoo about this. It just seemed strange that it should happen the one time I used the internet on the ship.

Fran
Hi Fran !

I hope I was of some assistance. Your problem sounds oddly familiar as to what I heard from some friends. I hope you are able to resolve the issue.

If you havent done so already, please make sure to change your Yahoo password. Also, you may wish to consider changing any and all passwords that you feel could be connected to the problem. Good luck !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy



#7
Boca Raton Florida
729 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#8
Boca Raton, FL
18,698 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Originally posted by bocaraton
has this been updated. I use the computer daily to check our business etc and make sure all is well with family. I have a yahoo.com email. if necessary, I will change and get myself a private hotmail address for the cruise and only access yahoo from land. Please let me know. Evelyn
Hi Evelyn !

I have not heard any updates, but if you are concerned, it would be a good idea to set up a free Gmail or Hotmail account for your Cruise. Have a great Cruise !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Please follow me on Twitter @HostAndy



#9
Maryland
347 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Evelyn,
I have heard from friends who were on the cruise with me and used the computers more than I did. They had no trouble so I am inclined to think that the trouble was with yahoo.
Fran