Finally getting back to KW

bouhunter

Not cruise related, but KW. After visiting 10-11 years in a row we haven't been there for 3 years. Just booked air and hotel in KW for this fall. Finally getting back to the Rock!!!!:D

Good for you. Welcome back. :) If you like a good beer, try the new waterfront brewery.

Not cruise related, but KW. After visiting 10-11 years in a row we haven't been there for 3 years. Just booked air and hotel in KW for this fall. Finally getting back to the Rock!!!!:D

Have a great vacation!

We have been going back and forth about how to get to Key West. We have a cruise out of Miami booked for Feb 2017 and thought that we would come in early and spend 5 days getting there and coming back. Love the drive down. Then we started looking at hotel costs :eek: So I found a cruise before our cruise that had a stop in Key West and booked it. Now I have to decide - I think the drive is going to win out in the long run as I believe I would rather have 5 days in the Keys rather than 10 hours.

Have a great vacation!

We have been going back and forth about how to get to Key West. We have a cruise out of Miami booked for Feb 2017 and thought that we would come in early and spend 5 days getting there and coming back. Love the drive down. Then we started looking at hotel costs :eek: So I found a cruise before our cruise that had a stop in Key West and booked it. Now I have to decide - I think the drive is going to win out in the long run as I believe I would rather have 5 days in the Keys rather than 10 hours.

Five days a lot better than one! We cruised once from Miami and then spent a few days in the Keys. It's a great vacation combining the cruise with the Keys :)

Yeah hotel costs in KW are a killer. We traditionally used Hilton Points and stayed at the DoubleTree. It's not downtown but they run a shuttle on a regular schedule. This time we're using IHG points and staying at La Concha.

Edited by bouhunter

Oh, well that is so special and better......:rolleyes:

I tend to think it is. ;)

Didn't really mean to rub you the wrong way. But I do advocate for staying in one of the quaint older houses when in Key West, rather than a comparatively sterile hotel. But I am willing to recognize not everyone is comfortable with that. Either way, I hope you enjoy your trip!

Edited by jeffbrig