HOHO bus tours

brandonjordan

My husband is handling our stops in HK and Singapore. he wants to do HOHO's. I know some people on our 1/19 Ocean Princess cruise are planning to do that but he would like a final word from someone who has used a particular company in either or both cities and can recommend it. Thank you

While I have not been to HK....I have used the bus company in London at least several times during visits there. I think it is The Great Bus company. On the website it will say that it operates in London as well. It is great....I think I will use the Tram one day also as the interactive web site is wonderful and it tells every store and restaurant along the way.....:) with address and pictures....The HOHO that is in London is the one that provdides transport to the Peak...

look at the hoho itinerary very carefully, in HK. i ended up booking a bray line type tour at the tourist info center right outside where the ship docks. when you exit the mall hang a right. it is just a few shops down the way. they are very helpful and have a variety of tours available.

The HOHO in Singapore is good. There are two different routes so they cover a lot of ground. You see just about everything even if you don't get off. The upper deck buses give a good vantage point. Time it so you can take both of them. There is a cheaper city cruiser bus, but it does not have the scenic top deck. Splurge. Singapore is spread out and the HOHO goes through some pretty impressive residential areas near Orchard Road as well.

The HOHO in Singapore is good. There are two different routes so they cover a lot of ground. You see just about everything even if you don't get off. The upper deck buses give a good vantage point. Time it so you can take both of them. There is a cheaper city cruiser bus, but it does not have the scenic top deck. Splurge. Singapore is spread out and the HOHO goes through some pretty impressive residential areas near Orchard Road as well.

We were in Singapore and used the Hippo tour buses that have the upper deck open. We had a lot of waiting time at the main terminal for the "other" route bus and also for the boat rides they offer. You are left standing around for 30 minutes or longer with no place to sit down. We were left in the hot sun watching the boat docked a few feet away with staff on board and a rope across the entrance. When I asked why we could not go sit in the boat they said it would be open five minutes before departure. In other words, we were not treated well at all.

At night they offer a 3 hour bus tour to an Island and they basically drive you there and you are left to navigate nearly 50 steps down and back up to get the return bus. There is no mention of that in their brochure.

If I had to do it over again I would use the other tour bus.

Archived