Carnival's New Early Saver Program

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

Early Saver is a brand new promotional rate that rewards you for booking early with the absolute lowest rate. In addition, the fares are backed by a unique price protection assurance. Book your cruise now. If you later find a lower Carnival advertised fare for the same sailing and accommodations, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable, non-transferable onboard credit. The policy is effective up to two business days prior to sailing. You now have even more great reasons to book early! Not only will you have the best availability of staterooms, dates, and destinations…you’re assured the lowest rate.

• How early must I make my reservation?

Early Saver is available up to 3 months prior to sailing on short cruises (5 days or shorter) and up to 5 months prior to sailing on long cruises (6 days or greater).

• How do I make an Early Saver reservation?

Contact your Travel Agent, your Personal Vacation Planner, call 1-800- Carnival or visit www.Carnival.com.

• Does Early Saver follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?

The deposit and payment terms are the same. However, Early Saver reservations require a full non-refundable deposit per person.

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

• What should I do once I find a lower rate?

Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.

• What information must be submitted for a price protection request?

• Guest(s) name
  • Sailing information
  • Available cruise fare being requested
  • Where the lower advertised fare was found (i.e.: Carnival.com)

• When can I submit a price protection request?

Carnival will accept price protection requests up to 2 business days prior to sailing.

• How many times can I submit a price protection request?

Provided that you are eligible for the lower fare, there are no restrictions to the number of price protection requests or the requested amount.

Complete a price protection claim form. If the request meets the price protection requirements, we will process your onboard credit for the fare difference and send you an email confirmation within 2 business days of your request.

Am I the only pessimist that thinks that this is going to be their "out". "Hi, I filled out your form because I found a lower rate." "Oh sorry, didn't you read the fine print, in order for that to be valid it has to be on a third Sunday in July, the temperature has to be over 105 degrees and a herd of water buffalo would have to have just stampeded the Governor's mansion in Colorado. I see we got all those here, but sorry, 2 water buffalo doesn't qualify as a 'herd'. This lower price is no good." :rolleyes:

Am I the only pessimist that thinks that this is going to be their "out". "Hi, I filled out your form because I found a lower rate." "Oh sorry, didn't you read the fine print, in order for that to be valid it has to be on a third Sunday in July, the temperature has to be over 105 degrees and a herd of water buffalo would have to have just stampeded the Governor's mansion in Colorado. I see we got all those here, but sorry, 2 water buffalo doesn't qualify as a 'herd'. This lower price is no good." :rolleyes:

Sounds like you would get an OBC the same way you get a price adjustment now. If the price goes down on the Carnival website. You have to remember most people arent aware that you can even call and get an adjustment if the prices drop. So they are just spelling it out for people. Then again Im an optimist :)

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

I hear you, Jeff. The only reason I questioned that, in my own experience (granted it was my one and only time I booked with a TA--the one that the groups use here so I thought it was an OK idea...never again) I noted a price drop shortly before my cruise in Feb 07 and called the TA. Nope, sorry, I was not qualified because it was for "new bookings only". Even though I called my PVP and talked with her about it (she has always given me price drops no matter what, right up until sail date, and told me she could have given me the discount I spoke of had I booked it with her) the TA refused to budge. Now, I know that was on the TA and not Carnival, but I am also reading a lot of posts lately where people are being "upsold" on rooms that used to be given by the upgrade fairy. Carnival took away the fuel surcharge but raised the prices of the cruises (not coincidentally) as high as the now defunct fuel surcharges were. Given all of these trends of late, I am just very suspicious about "IF the fare qualifies" sort of statements. It just comes across as an out to me. Could just be me, LOL!

Non refundable deposit.....LMAO!!!

This would not work for us........we normally pick a few cruises, watch the prices go down...then put down the deposit and continue to watch the prices go up and down........

If we see an awesome deal with Carnival or another cruiseline (like we did with the RCCL) then we simply call our TA and switch bookings along with our deposit........with no extra charges.......

This is for the Carnival loyalists..........

If I am reading it right.....

The only difference I see is........you are able to get obc after the penalty phase........only to tarnish it by the non refundable deposit.

Big deal........

I noted a price drop shortly before my cruise in Feb 07 and called the TA. Nope, sorry, I was not qualified because it was for "new bookings only".

It would bother me if "new bookings only" fares were disqualified from this offer but the wording "any Carnival advertised fare available to the general public" seems to me to include them. If I can verify that those are covered, then I would probably use this. The "new bookings" rates can be pretty darned attractive sometimes and impossible to get it you're already booked.

I tried to do a fake booking for 2010 on the website. Didn't see a way to opt in or out of the Early Saver.

I did notice they renamed the choices to Fun Select for picking a specific cabin and Fun Saver for letting Carnival decide. I don't see an Early Saver choice though..

I tried to do a fake booking for 2010 on the website. Didn't see a way to opt in or out of the Early Saver.

I did notice they renamed the choices to Fun Select for picking a specific cabin and Fun Saver for letting Carnival decide. I don't see an Early Saver choice though..

They just added the link today. A press release will probably follow on Monday, letting pax know when they can take advantage of this program.

It would bother me if "new bookings only" fares were disqualified from this offer but the wording "any Carnival advertised fare available to the general public" seems to me to include them. If I can verify that those are covered, then I would probably use this. The "new bookings" rates can be pretty darned attractive sometimes and impossible to get it you're already booked.

I know, right??!! Again, I am a pessimist when it comes to this offer. They say "ANY" advertised rate but then come in after that and say "IF" the rate "qualifies". It could be "any rate" alright, but you call or fill in your form and then get the "sorry, this doesn't qualify because....." I might be more optimistic if I wasn't seeing all cruiselines trending in the raised prices, loss of privileges (like the stock holders are seeing now), and upsells for what used to be "free". Again, it could just be me, but I am not seeing anything in this that makes me want to jump on board.

DH and I always cruise last minute anyway (with the exception of the fiasco of a trip booked through a TA in 07) because he refuses to pay a deposit months or years ahead and then the cruiselines benefits because they are earning the interest on that deposit for however long we paid ahead. And I agree with him. The interest on our puny $500 (or whatever) may not be much, but interest accrued over 9 months for 10,000 $500 deposits would look pretty sweet. Anyway, if I wasn't seeing cruising trending the in "what can we NOT do for people" category I might use this new offer but I'd want a guarantee that "ANY" rate would qualify as long as it was offered to the public, including "new bookings only" and any other rate that would necessarily disqualify me (as my PVP has always honored them anyway). They'd have to get rid of that "IF the rate qualifies" verbiage for me to jump on this bandwagon.

I just asked my PVP about this. She said we will be able to see the fares on the website Monday. She said the prices were "amazing". That surprised me, I didn't think the up front fare would be lower on this. She also confirmed that "new bookings only" promos would be honored as part of the program right up to 2 days before sailing. She thought we would be able to switch an existing booking into "early saver" but wasn't 100% sure. That would be a no-brainer if allowed (well, maybe a semi-brainer). You could book as early as you want with a refundable deposit then switch to this just 3 months out on short cruises and 5 months out on long cruises, so the new non-refundable period between then and final payment date wouldn't be all that excessive.

I think this deserves a serious look.

I just asked my PVP about this. She said we will be able to see the fares on the website Monday. She said the prices were "amazing". That surprised me, I didn't think the up front fare would be lower on this. She also confirmed that "new bookings only" promos would be honored as part of the program right up to 2 days before sailing. She thought we would be able to switch an existing booking into "early saver" but wasn't 100% sure. That would be a no-brainer if allowed (well, maybe a semi-brainer). You could book as early as you want with a refundable deposit then switch to this just 3 months out on short cruises and 5 months out on long cruises, so the new non-refundable period between then and final payment date wouldn't be all that excessive.

Yes, Im also interested in this, since I have a feeling the rates are going to really drop on my Transatlantic cruise after final payment.

Since booking, I have already gotten $250 credit back($150 this past week), so I would love to wait and get into the promotion right at the 5 month mark if possible.

I just asked my PVP about this. She said we will be able to see the fares on the website Monday. She said the prices were "amazing". That surprised me, I didn't think the up front fare would be lower on this.

"Amazing prices"..did she mention if there would be an actual fare code? Im guessing ESP :)

Thanks for posting this as I was reading the terms of the original info I was thinking there is no benefit for someone like me to book under this program. I usually book so far in advance that my cruises only go up in price and never down. If the rates were different for booking early and a significant savings I'd jump on it.

Now I wonder where insurance comes in on all of this. If you need to cancel and you meet the criteria for cancelling under your insurance policy will they refund you the non-refundable portion of your deposit and cancellation fee?

Hmm lots to think about and I'm glad we held off on booking our 2010 cruises.

Thanks for posting this as I was reading the terms of the original info I was thinking there is no benefit for someone like me to book under this program. I usually book so far in advance that my cruises only go up in price and never down. If the rates were different for booking early and a significant savings I'd jump on it.

Now I wonder where insurance comes in on all of this. If you need to cancel and you meet the criteria for cancelling under your insurance policy will they refund you the non-refundable portion of your deposit and cancellation fee?

I was thinking the same thing.

Guest nhrich

If you're cancelling for a covered reason, then the insurance should cover any non-refundable charges.

Someone else asked me if it looks like you can transfer the booking to another date. I said Im guessing no, but told her I would post the question here, what do you all think after reading the terms?

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

More info...

We are excited to announce that on Monday, January 12, Carnival Cruise Lines will launch a new cruise pricing option called Early Saver, which will offer fares as much as 25 percent lower than our best generally available rates!

Early Saver also provides rate protection for your clients if rates later drop below what was originally paid. You will now have yet another excellent tool to encourage clients to book early with confidence, and which further enhances the exceptional value of a Carnival cruise vacation!

http://www.tipsfromthetlist.com/article4885.html

http://bookccl.com/EarlySaver/

**Price Protection Terms and Conditions: Price protection applies to new Early Bird bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) be a Carnival advertised rate and (iii) be available for booking at the time the request is submitted, as determined by Carnival’s reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

Claim Form

http://bookccl.com/EarlySaver/claim_form.asp

Archived