I'm so happy I got an over the door shoe organiser!!

macrompian1

I know I know I must be a little sad really to be so excited about getting this thing, but I have been obsessing about being organised and not wasting time foostering about looking for things in the cabin, after all we are 3 ladies, with a LOT of baggage (both really & psychologically lol) So today I am happy , and it was marked down to 1Euro , now to continue my addiction to CC.:D

I know I know I must be a little sad really to be so excited about getting this thing, but I have been obsessing about being organised and not wasting time foostering about looking for things in the cabin, after all we are 3 ladies, with a LOT of baggage (both really & psychologically lol) So today I am happy , and it was marked down to 1Euro , now to continue my addiction to CC.:D

That is funny, cause I was just telling My dd how I need to find a clear one for our upcoming cruise! I have heard it is great way to stay organized in the tiny rooms:)

I love using it to organize all the small things (sunscreen, glasses, hair stuff etc) but cannot seem to get DH to put stuff in them and not on the counter!!!

At home I use them for my DD's small toys (Polly Pockets, ponies etc) Makes it easy to see and keep off the floor!

Where exactly do you hang these things? On the inside of the bathroom door on the hooks to hang towels or in the closet? I've never needed one but it's always just the two of us. I have thought about bringing one to actually put shoes in.

For years I read about the over the door hangers.

I hemmed and hawed and decided against it.

I have always found there to be plenty of cabinet space for storage.

Maybe we always had big enough rooms but I couldn't see wasting the space.

JMHO

I hung it on the inside of the bathroom door my first cruise. My second, I hung it from a hanger in the closet. Worked much better for all those little things. I've cruised without it, but noticed, I had my junk all over the desk area, so it was hard to put other stuff there. I will have it with me in Sept.

Where exactly do you hang these things? On the inside of the bathroom door on the hooks to hang towels or in the closet? I've never needed one but it's always just the two of us. I have thought about bringing one to actually put shoes in.

When I used one (back in the day when we shared a cabin with our kids) I hung it on the outside of the bathroom door. The inside of the door has hooks for bathrobes and I'd rather have my bathrobe hung there.

The bathrooms really have enough space for toiletries, my hair stuff and makeup was used at the desk, so no need to store it in the bathroom. Medications, definitely not in the bathroom as there is so much steam in that room, I have a small first aid kit that goes into the desk as well.

What we used it for was #1 shoes #2 sunglasses #3 loose papers #4 seapass cards #5 odds and ends that wound up lost all over the cabin.

Once our kids were old enough for us to get them a cabin next door or across the hall, I pitched the over the door shoe holder. It was just another "thing" that took up space and weight in the suitcase and really isn't needed for only 2 people.

3 women, yes I can definitely see the need then.

We now have a desktop travel tray to hold all the little bits and pieces http://www.magellans.com/store/Other_Ways_to_Shop___Hotel_Health___ComfortLP457 We leave all our change, seapass cards, sunglasses, etc... in it and it packs flat, snaps to make a tray. The best travel accessory I've ever purchased.

We now have a desktop travel tray to hold all the little bits and pieces http://www.magellans.com/store/Other_Ways_to_Shop___Hotel_Health___ComfortLP457 We leave all our change, seapass cards, sunglasses, etc... in it and it packs flat, snaps to make a tray. The best travel accessory I've ever purchased.

Thanks for posting this link. That travel tray is so simple, yet so practical. I think a Magellan's order is in my future!

• 1 month later...

We have one in our hall coat closet, it's great for hats, gloves, scarves, small purses, dog leashes, anything we need to get out the door gets stashed there, except shoes! Taking one with us on our cruise, (we'll have the kids in our room) - otherwise, I am afraid everything will be all over the top of the desk, bottom of the closet or piled on shelves. Getting that tray as well, thank for posting the link.

If you want one for shoes, Bed Bath and Beyond has the BEST one. It has changed my life, so I can actually see THIRTY pair of shoes. I group them by color. The shoes sit on an actual rack instead of inside a pocket.

I bought one at Dollar Tree, took it on a cruise, never found a need for it, and donated it to Goodwill when I got home.

Admittedly, only two of us share a cabin, but we have always found that there was plenty of storage in which to keep things organized.

We've used one on two cruises now. Even though there is plenty of room in drawers, it just works so much better for us to have all the small miscellaneous items visible yet contained and organized. I like the idea so much that I got one for my sewing room -- perfect for all of the small trims and notions that tend to get forgotten when put away in drawers.

My mother and I cruise together and we have plenty of room, but I still like the organizer. It eliminates the hunting for one item or another. Even though the bathroom is large enough, I still put my hair brush and comb, flatiron, vitamin/pill box, , just all the loose odds and ends one likes to have at hand. I hang it on the outside of the bathroom door as that way if the bathroom is being used, the other person can get to what they need.

Since they are so cheap at WalMart, and they never pack up as neatly as they came, I leave the empty when we leave, and let my room steward know it's his if he wants it. They always seem to, as their quarters are very cramped.

Archived