Fear of Heights?

dinkydee718

Friends of ours are considering joining us on our Fantasy cruise in February. The main thing holding them back is that their 11 year old is afraid of heights. I told them that the ship is so massive that unless you go to side and look down, you really don't get a feel for how high up you are and that if she stayed off of the very top deck where there are railings instead of windows, she'd be fine. I just want to make sure thsi was accurate. Any of you out there afraid of heights and have no issues (or have issues) on a DCL cruise?

Friends of ours are considering joining us on our Fantasy cruise in February. The main thing holding them back is that their 11 year old is afraid of heights. I told them that the ship is so massive that unless you go to side and look down, you really don't get a feel for how high up you are and that if she stayed off of the very top deck where there are railings instead of windows, she'd be fine. I just want to make sure thsi was accurate. Any of you out there afraid of heights and have no issues (or have issues) on a DCL cruise?

This is very true, unless you go to the edge and look straight down you normally do not have any issue, if your on deck and look at the horizon its normally fine.

There might be a slight issue on the first part of Aquaduck as its a clear tube and you go over the side of the ship but you can avoid it, and actually overall its tame.

My son has had a fear of heights but hasn't had any problem on the ship.

The lower decks where its enclosed and close to the vibration of the sea and engines might be an issue, so suggest a stateroom in the middle of the ship, middle deck.

Might also want to avoid the hot tubs; they overhang the sides and have glass bottoms, so you're looking straight down to the water. There are also a few glass panels in the floors adjacent to the hot tubs.

I am so terrified of heights that I cannot go on rollar coasters, look up at tall buildings,once at a Holiday Inn we were upgraded to the 7th floor. I not only could not use the balcony, but could not go to the window.

However on ships these fears just go away. I love standing by the railing and looking out. I enjoyed the overhanging hot tub. You might want to discourage her for looking over the railing inside the ship, but I think she will do fine.

This is very true, unless you go to the edge and look straight down you normally do not have any issue, if your on deck and look at the horizon its normally fine.

There might be a slight issue on the first part of Aquaduck as its a clear tube and you go over the side of the ship but you can avoid it, and actually overall its tame.

My son has had a fear of heights but hasn't had any problem on the ship.

The lower decks where its enclosed and close to the vibration of the sea and engines might be an issue, so suggest a stateroom in the middle of the ship, middle deck.

Yeap...this, just as DF said.....unless you intentionaly go to the railing and look over.......you won't even know your up high!

AKK

I used to be afraid of heights also. My good stepfather took me out to the balcony, held me from my ankles and hung me upside down from the 12th story for about 15 minutes.

I'm all cured now, but my ankles still hurt!

Archived